MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku


Friday, February 23, 2018

Runner Evelyn Ang still on life support, says cousin

Blogspot pic

GEORGE TOWN: A close relative of Evelyn Ang, who is still in a coma after she was hit by a car while participating in a marathon on Dec 10 last year, today cleared the air on her condition at the Sungai Buloh Hospital.
Wendy Goh, who is Evelyn’s cousin, said she felt compelled to write the post after reading numerous condolence messages, following media reports which stated that Ang would be taken off life support.
Wendy said as of 7.45am today, Evelyn, 44, was still on life support, and pointed out that Evelyn’s husband, Dennis, has no plans to take her off life support.
“Dennis has made it clear that Evelyn will go at her own pace when she is ready,” Goh wrote on her Facebook.
Goh also set the record straight on the number of surgeries Evelyn has had since the incident – a total of 12 surgeries – adding that Evelyn also suffered one heart attack.
“Appreciate if everyone can pray for Evelyn to be at comfort and continue to send positive vibes to both Dennis and Evelyn. Thank you. Much love to all,” she said.
Goh further asked for the media to give some privacy to the family and requested that there be no interviews.
“For members of the press reading this, please allow the family their time and space. No interviews, please,” she said.
It was widely reported yesterday that Evelyn’s family had decided to take Evelyn off life support.
A report by The Star yesterday quoted an unnamed family member as saying they were informed by doctors that Evelyn’s internal organs had shut down, thus placing her on life support was no longer necessary.
The family member added that doctors had told them that Evelyn would only survive a few hours without the life support.
In a Facebook posting yesterday, Evelyn’s sister Caroline Ang said: “Please say your last goodbyes to her by today. PM (personal message) me for ward info. Pray for miracle though.”
Evelyn was one of three runners of the Klang City International Marathon injured in the incident.
On Feb 20, mechanic Teoh Thiam Lim, 28, was charged in the Klang Magistrate’s Court with reckless and dangerous driving that resulted in the runners being hit by his car.
Teoh, who pleaded not guilty, was charged with driving a Proton Iswara in a reckless manner that could endanger others at Batu 2, Jalan Kapar at about 4.30am on Dec 10.
The charge, under Section 42(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987, provides for a maximum jail term of five years and a fine of up to RM15,000 upon conviction. -FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment