The ministry says cases are down 12.6% year-on-year and no Covid-19 deaths have been recorded in 2026.

In a statement covering data up to epidemiological week 19 of 2026 ending May 16, the ministry said total reported cases had fallen by 12.6%, or 9,682 cases, compared to the same period last year.
It said there was a slight week-on-week increase of 0.7%, or 575 cases, but stressed that the situation remains under control.
“The vast majority of reported cases involve only mild symptoms not requiring hospitalisation, and no Covid-19 deaths have been recorded throughout 2026,” it said.
The ministry also said its labs detected new Covid-19 variants in the community, but none showed signs of triggering a serious wave comparable to earlier pandemic surges.
It said screening at international entry points would be strengthened, alongside continued cooperation with border control agencies to monitor and respond to imported cases.
Covid-19 is now being managed as a common respiratory illness such as influenza and the common cold under the “living with Covid-19” approach, it said.
As such, the public has been advised to maintain basic preventive measures including good hand hygiene, wearing face masks when symptomatic or in crowded places, and staying up to date with vaccinations.
Vaccination is strongly encouraged for high-risk groups, including the elderly, those with chronic illnesses, immunocompromised individuals and pregnant women. Services are available at selected government health clinics nationwide.
The statement came three days after Singapore recorded 12,700 Covid-19 cases in the week of May 10 to 16, up from 8,000 the week before. Hospitalisations there also climbed over the same period. - FMT

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.