Sunday, May 24, 2026

Kedah education dept probes bullying claim involving Year 3 pupil

 The department says it will take stern action if wrongdoing is confirmed after reports that a nine-year-old boy suffered injuries and trauma in multiple incidents at a Jitra primary school.

bullying
Media reports claimed that the alleged bullying left the nine-year-old boy traumatised and afraid to return to school, resulting in the family transferring him to another school. (Envato Elements pic)
PETALING JAYA:
The Kedah education department is investigating allegations of bullying involving a Year 3 pupil who was reportedly injured three times at a primary school in Jitra.

Kedah education director Abdul Rahim Mat said the department regards the matter seriously and has launched an investigation.

“The Kedah education department (will carry out) a transparent and detailed investigation to ensure justice for the pupil,” he said in a statement today.

Rahim said stern disciplinary action would be taken against anyone found guilty.

He also reminded all educational institutions under the department to take preventive steps against bullying and to act immediately according to existing guidelines if such cases occur.

The statement comes after media reports claimed that a nine-year-old boy suffered a fractured arm, bruises on his cheek and near his eye, and trauma following a series of alleged bullying incidents over the past year.

The boy’s mother, who only wanted to be known as Fatin, claimed the incidents involved three different pupils at a primary school.

The first incident allegedly occurred on May 17 last year, when the boy was pushed and fell, resulting in a fractured right arm confirmed by a private hospital. Treatment costs were reported to be nearly RM5,000.

A second incident was said to have taken place on March 26, before Hari Raya, when the boy was allegedly slapped, leaving bruises on his cheek and near his eye.

The most recent incident reportedly occurred on May 17 this year, when another pupil allegedly poked him below the eye with a pencil.

The mother said the family was called to a meeting at the school on May 18 but was unhappy with the outcome, claiming her son was also blamed for the incident despite not retaliating.

She said the repeated incidents left the child traumatised and afraid to return to school. This resulted in the family transferring him to another school.

The family has since lodged a police report, with Kubang Pasu police chief Radzi Abdul Rahim confirming that they had received a report on the matter. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.