
KUALA LUMPUR: Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) says the appointment of the Perlis Menteri Besar should no longer be disputed, stressing that it falls under the absolute discretion of the Raja of Perlis, Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail.
The party's Political Bureau said it had highlighted that the Ruler had previously provided ample opportunity and a fair platform for Pas to resolve the ongoing impasse over the state leadership.
According to Bersatu, a royal audience was scheduled for Oct 25, 2025, involving the party president and Pas president to discuss the matter with the Ruler.
"The Bersatu president was fully prepared to attend the audience. However, the session had to be cancelled as the Pas president was unable to attend due to unavoidable circumstances," it said in a statement.
Bersatu said the Palace had acted with "utmost fairness" by allowing sufficient space for discussions to resolve the issue, and urged all parties to respect the Ruler's prerogative in ensuring political stability in the state. - NST
MORE TO COME
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.