
The motorcycle bearing the BMW registration number was ridden by an 18-year-old, with his 17-year-old girlfriend riding pillion.
The motorcycle belongs to the girl's father.
"My boyfriend usually rides it because I do not have a licence. My father bought it in Tanjung Malim four months ago," she said during the operation, which ran from 2am to 5am.
The teenager said she was unaware that the motorcycle was using a false registration number.
She added that she and her boyfriend had gone out earlier to attend a family birthday event.
"This is the first time I have been detained. We were on our way back from my boyfriend's family celebration nearby and went for a stroll, which is why we were returning late," she said.
In the same operation, a 19-year-old youth identified as Alif, from Cheras, attempted to escape when chased by enforcement officers.
He was caught before officers conducted a thorough check on his motorcycle.
"When I saw the police, I panicked, so I ran away with my girlfriend," he said.
Checks revealed that the motorcycle's road tax had expired, it had no insurance, and its rear brake was not functioning.
Meanwhile, another youth who had recently completed his Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) was caught riding his father's motorcycle, which had been fitted with a modified exhaust.
He said he made the modification himself because he wanted a louder exhaust note after a friend recommended it.
"I only changed the exhaust because I wanted it to sound nice," he said.
The operation, involving police and the Road Transport Department, focused on motorcycle inspections. - NST
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.