Monday, August 17, 2026

Fuel tanker driver to be charged tomorrow over fatal Temerloh crash

 


TEMERLOH: The fuel tanker driver involved in the crash that killed a mother and son at Km9 of Jalan Temerloh-Triang near Kampung Lebak here on Aug 14 will be charged tomorrow.

The 37-year-old suspect, whose four-day remand expires tomorrow, will be brought before the magistrate's court here.

District police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Nasyim Bahron said the man would be charged under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987 for causing death by reckless or dangerous driving.

The offence carries a jail term of between five and 10 years, a fine of RM20,000 to RM50,000, and disqualification from holding or obtaining a driving licence for at least five years upon conviction.

Nasyim said a urine screening conducted on the driver returned negative for drugs.

In the incident last week, Nur Fatima Abdullah, 39, and her son, Muhamad Fattah Aisy Nuafal Saifulnizam, 12, were burnt to death after their car was crushed by the tanker carrying 32,000 litres of diesel and petrol.

The crash caused both vehicles to catch fire, trapping the victims inside. They were buried at the Kampung Sanggang Muslim Cemetery here today.

The tanker driver, who was alone in the vehicle, escaped with minor injuries. - NST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.