Tuesday, October 6, 2026

‘YB Hulk’ ready to contest any seat in Melaka polls

 Former Pengkalan Batu assemblyman Norhizam Hassan Baktee says it is up to voters to assess his track record.

Norhizam Hassan Baktee
Norhizam Hassan Baktee first represented Pengkalan Batu in the 14th general election before losing the seat in the Melaka state election five years ago.
PETALING JAYA:
Former Pengkalan Batu assemblyman Norhizam Hassan Baktee, better known as “YB Hulk”, says he will accept whatever decision Bersatu’s leadership makes regarding the upcoming Melaka election, including if he is not chosen to contest the Pengkalan Batu seat.

The Hang Tuah Jaya Bersatu deputy chief said he was ready to contest any state seat if entrusted by the party to be its candidate.

“I have no problem if someone else is considered a better candidate for the seat,” he told FMT.

“If the party entrusts me to contest elsewhere, I will accept that, too. I am ready to be nominated anywhere.

“Beyond that, I leave it to the people to assess my track record, given that I have previously served as an elected representative and Melaka executive councillor.”

Norhizam said Melaka voters wanted representatives who were close to them and constantly on the ground to resolve their problems, regardless of the time or circumstances.

He first represented Pengkalan Batu in the 14th general election in 2018 before losing the seat in the Melaka state election in 2021, when he contested as an independent after being sacked by DAP.

Earlier, Melaka Bersatu information chief Hishamuddin Karim indicated that Pengkalan Batu might not be among the seats the party would contest in the coming state election.

Hishamuddin was commenting on media reports quoting Norhizam as saying he intended to contest in the Melaka polls again and still wanted to serve in Pengkalan Batu, claiming that residents there needed his services. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.