Loga Chandran Ramachandran has earned recognition from the Malaysia Book of Records for the most number of summits climbed in one week.

He raced against the clock, travelling from Johor to Pahang in a challenge he called “Redefining the Limits”.
Despite the many setbacks he faced, he succeeded, earning recognition from the Malaysia Book of Records on Sept 18 for “Most Summits Conquered in a Week”.
Last year, Loga conquered nine peaks across seven states in seven days. But resting on that achievement was never his plan. “My biggest competition is always with the person I was yesterday,” Loga, 27, told FMT Lifestyle.
“If I’m still celebrating my previous record, I’ll stay where I am. I won’t improve. That’s why I wanted to break my own record.”
The Sitiawan native said taking on the challenge during Merdeka week was his way of expressing his pride in Malaysia and showing what discipline, courage and determination can achieve.

Loga, who lives in Johor Bahru, began training in January, fitting in six days a week around his full-time job and part-time study.
His training included walks of 30 to 50 kilometres, cardio and practice on mountain trails. But mental preparation, he shared, mattered just as much.
“I trained myself to be comfortable with tiredness, discomfort and long hours. When you keep pushing your distance little by little, your mind also starts learning, ‘I can go further than I thought’.”
Then came a setback in June. His motorcycle skidded, landing on his knees and injuring them, while the hot exhaust pipe burnt his right leg. The injuries kept him from training, but he remained determined to see his mission through. By late July, he was back in training, working to rebuild his strength.
At 8.17am on Aug 25, he began his challenge up Gunung Ledang in Johor. Loga said he had until 8.17am on Sept 1 to successfully complete his mission.
At Gunung Berembun in Negeri Sembilan, his fourth climb, he began experiencing severe muscle strain, leg cramps and nerve pain. “From that point onwards, every step was painful,” he recalled.

Still, it didn’t stop him from keeping an earlier commitment: on Aug 27, he joined pupils of SJK(T) Bukit Darah for their Merdeka celebration, encouraging them to believe in themselves.
But then, he encountered trouble on his 10th peak, Gunung Kerunai in Perak, where an insect bite triggered an allergic reaction that left his face swollen.
“At that stage, of course, the thought of stopping came to my mind. I’m human too. But I kept telling myself, ‘You started this for a reason. Don’t let this pain decide how your story ends’,” he said.
He kept going until all 12 peaks were behind him, finishing within the deadline. After days of pain, it was indeed a hard-earned triumph and he expressed his gratitude to his family, friends and others who supported him.
The peaks he summitted were: Gunung Ledang (Johor), Gunung Datuk (Negeri Sembilan), Gunung Rembau (Negeri Sembilan), Gunung Berembun (Negeri Sembilan), Gunung Hitam (Selangor), Gunung Brinchang Barat (Pahang), Gunung Jasar (Pahang), Gunung Sarut (Terengganu), Gunung Jerai (Kedah), Gunung Kerunai (Perak), Gunung Ruil (Pahang border) and Gunung Siku (Pahang).

Next, he hopes to conquer 18 peaks across seven states in one week. He is also planning a “Unity Hike” to bring Malaysians of different races together.
But his biggest lesson extends beyond the mountains.
“When we’re in a tough situation, we don’t give up. There are ways to figure things out. That’s what I learnt from this attempt: giving up is not an option,” he reflected, adding that he hopes his achievement will inspire the younger generation to push themselves harder.
“If my journey can make even one young person say: ‘No matter what happens, I will keep trying’, then this record has a meaning much greater than just my name in a book,” he concluded. - FMT
Learn more about Loga Chandran Ramachandran on Instagram.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.