The prime minister hits back at those accusing him of not acting against gaming activities.

Anwar, who is also the finance minister, said the reduction showed that his administration had taken steps to curb gaming activities.
“You held 22 special draws, but I reduced it to eight. Is it enough? No. But why am I being insulted for this?.
“Before you attack me, you should look at yourself in the mirror first,” he said at the launch of the Skim Usahawan Bangkit Permatang Pauh in Penanti here today.
Anwar was referring to the time that administrations from 2020 to 2022 had increased the number of special lottery draws from eight to 22 a year, before his government reduced the number back to eight.
His remarks appeared to be in response to recent criticism from Kedah menteri besar Sanusi Nor after the Federal Court dismissed a bid by the state government to overturn a ruling that barred it from refusing to renew licences for pool betting and lottery operators.
Sanusi said the decision on whether gambling activities would be allowed in Kedah now rested with Anwar.
He also warned that Kedahans would “curse” Anwar if gambling activities were allowed to resume in the state.
Separately, Anwar lamented that billions of ringgit meant for the public had instead been lost to corruption, citing the Tabung Haji and Felda scandals.
He also hit out at critics of his administration’s legal action against those implicated in the two cases.
“People are angry at me for being stern and arresting people here and there. But I am not the one arresting them.
“I have been entrusted (by the public). People want funds, but you guys are taking and losing billions. I want to stop that and give back to the people,” he said. - FMT

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.