`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



Monday, May 18, 2026

No train service on Singapore's Bukit Panjang LRT between Senja and Bukit Panjang after man falls onto track

 

At about 9am, the entrance of Segar station was cordoned off by the police. A body was removed from the track by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers. - ST/ANN

SINGAPORE: LRT train services on the Bukit Panjang line - between the Senja and Bukit Panjang stations - were not available on the morning of May 18 after a man fell onto the track.

In a Facebook post at 6:52am, train operator SMRT said the service was disrupted “due to a track intrusion”.

In a subsequent update at 7.08am, it said that a man was seen trespassing onto the track near the Segar station at about 5am. It later updated the post to say that a man “was seen to have fallen onto the track”.

“Train services between the Petir and Senja stations, in both directions, were temporarily suspended to allow the police safe access to the tracks for investigations,” it said.

While there is no service between Senja and Bukit Panjang stations, train services between Choa Chu Kang and Bukit Panjang stations remain available.

SMRT added that free bridging bus and regular bus services “have been activated to support affected commuters”.

A long queue for the bridging bus was seen at the Bukit Panjang bus interchange at around 8.30am.

At the Bukit Panjang LRT station, SMRT staff were seen advising commuters on alternative travel options.

A couple who were on their way to Fajar station from the airport said taking the bus would be “more difficult” due to their heavy luggage, though they noted they had “no other choice”.

A fire truck was seen at the Segar station at about 8.45am. Earlier, a police car was seen parked at the Jelapang station, which is next to the Segar station.

At about 9am, the entrance of Segar station had been cordoned off by the police. A body was removed from the track by Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and police officers at about 9.10am.

Notice of the disruption first appeared on the MyTransport.SG app at around 6am, with the Land Transport Authority telling commuters to consider free bus services at the affected stations.

In a Facebook post at 6.25am, SMRT said affected travellers could download an e-Travel Chit as proof of travel at smrttravelchit.sg/

It added that live updates would be available at mytransport.sg/trainstatus

The Bukit Panjang LRT line is undergoing an exercise to replace the power rail, which supplies electricity to the trains. It is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2026.

The fully automated network’s fleet was also completely refreshed in October and the line has been using a new communications-based train control signalling system since Nov 8.

The 8km line connects residential estates within Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang to the North-South and Downtown lines and is the first driverless inter-town train feeder service. - The Straits Times/ANN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.