MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku


Sunday, October 31, 2010

MCA minister: No place for Beng Hock in Galas

MCA women leaders with Heng in yellow
GUA MUSANG — MCA’s Datuk Heng Seai Kie played down the alleged assault on Soh Cher Hai the brother-in-law to the late Teoh Beng Hock, saying today that the case should not be brought to the Galas by-election campaign.

The women, family and community development deputy minister said the group who was lobbying for her support for the formation of a royal commission to investigate Teoh’s death should have arranged to meet her in Kuala Lumpur.

“I welcome them to see me any time in my office in KL, but not necessary here in Galas, during by-election,” said Heng in response to allegation that she had ignored the group.

“Wait until they explain to me. I have not seen them and read the document,” she said when asked if she was willing to support the group’s demand.

Heng claimed that the local MCA leadership had tried to arrange a meeting with the group today, but the invitation was turned down.

Soh had arrived in Gua Musang yesterday with Teoh’s sister Teoh Lee Lan and six other members of Malaysians for Beng Hock to lobby for the formation of a royal commission of enquiry to investigate the death of the political secretary to Selangor Executive Councillor Ean Yong Hian Wah.

The 30-year-old Teoh was found dead on the 5th floor of Plaza Masalam last year after he was interrogated overnight in connection with suspected abuse of state funds by Selangor lawmakers. An inquest into his death will resume on November 4.

The group was trying to approach Heng after an MCA rally when Soh was allegedly assaulted.

Soh lodged a report at the Gua Musang police district headquarters soon after the incident and later went to hospital for treatment.

He had claimed in his report that he was pushed to the ground by an MCA supporter which resulted in knee injury.

Heng however dismissed the claims adding that she was shocked that the incident ended in a police report.

“I was on my way out. It was raining. When it was too crowded there was some pushing, but without intention. So nobody has actually fell down to the ground,” said Heng.

“I didn’t expect that it will end up in a police report and also they claimed that they will refer to the doctor for medical examination,” she added. - Malaysian Insider

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.