MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku


Friday, March 28, 2014

Minor fire at MAS avionics workshop

The Malaysia Airlines (MAS) workshop in Subang suffered a fire on Wednesday in yet another unfortunate turn of events that have hit the beleaguered airline.

However, MAS said the 4pm incident at its Subang Avionics Shop was "minor" and was brought under control immediately.

"No one was hurt and there was also no damage caused to the confined area of the corridor at the shop," the airline said in a statement.

It added that all MAS facilities have state-of-the-art safety equipment and processes to ensure zero fatalities and reduce harm.

"Safety at the workplace has always been the top priority for Malaysia Airlines," it said.

A photograph purported to be of the incident, uploaded on former Wangsa Maju MP Wee Choo Keong's blog, shows people walking with their heads down in a smoggy corridor.

He described the incident as "mysterious and unprecedented".

Wee (left) also called on CEO of MAS Aerospace Engineering, Azhari Dhalan, to explain what caused the fire.

"And more importantly what documents or properties have been destroyed by this mysterious fire and was this a sabotage?" he added.

Avionics are electrical equipment used in an aircraft. They include the black box data transponder, navigational and communications equipment.

Searchers are now scouring the Indian Ocean for signs of debris, in the hope of recovering the data transponder for the MH370, which is believed to have crashed there eight hours after take off on March 8.

Following the disappearance of the Boeing 777-200ER, a flock of ducks struck MAS flight MH114 as it was landing in Kathmandu, Nepal, while MH066 had to be diverted from Seoul to Hong Kong due to aircraft generator failure.

Boeing 'ended' in Indian Ocean

MH370 disappeared off air traffic control radar screens at 1.30am on March 8, carrying 239 passengers and crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Last Monday, Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak announced that calculations using satellite data show the plane “ended” in the Indian Ocean, far from any landing strip.

MAS concluded that no one would have survived, given that it has been three weeks since the aircraft went missing and the hostility of conditions in the Indian Ocean.

Satellite images from the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Thailand and China have all spotted hundreds of floating objects inside or near the search area, but bad weather has hampered the multinational search efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.