`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cabinet orders probe into BTN man’s racist remarks


The Cabinet has instructed the Chief Secretary to investigate a National Civics Bureau (BTN) official over his racist remarks made at a Puteri Umno function earlier this week.

Human Resources Minister Datuk Dr S Subramaniam said today that the Cabinet was disappointed at the reported remarks.

“The Cabinet is disappointed with what has happened and this matter was discussed today.

“We have also asked the Chief Secretary to investigate the matter first before further action is taken,’’ the minister, who is also MIC vice-president, told reporters after the weekly Cabinet meeting here today.

BTN deputy director Hamim Husain had on Monday referred to the Chinese and Indian community as “si mata sepet” and “si botol” respectively when asking Puteri Umno members to co-operate with the non-Malay communities to garner votes for Barisan Nasional.

“The ‘si mata sepet’ that has never gone to a mosque or surau only has one vote. The ‘si botol’ that only knows how to go up to Batu Caves up and down only has one vote,” Hamim told the closed-door gathering as reported in The Malaysian Insider.

His remarks sparked widespread anger with Pakatan Rakyat (PR) parties using it to target Umno and Barisan Nasional (BN). The DAP has called for BTN to be abolished.

MIC has also taken the lead among BN parties in attacking the BTN.

The BTN, a state agency charged with running courses on patriotism for civil servants and undergraduates, came under fire last year for promoting racism.

The Najib administration had promised a revamp of BTN’s courses following widespread public outcry.

MORE TO COME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.