`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Police report made over Wan Azizah’s ‘Malay supremacy’ remarks


(Bernama) - The Selangor 4B Youth Movement Tuesday lodged a police report against Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) President Datin Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail for her remarks on "Ketuanan Melayu" (Malay Supremacy) at the party's annual congress on Saturday.

The report was made by the movement's secretary, Mohd Zaini Mohd Taha, at the Shah Alam district police headquarters in Section 11 here at 3.30 pm.

He told reporters later that Dr Wan Azizah's call for the concept of Malay supremacy to be abandoned was a big blow and an insult inflicted on Malays by the Malays themselves.

The PKR leader had also reportedly described Malay supremacy as a slogan used by a small group of Malay elite to cheat others.

"I urge the police to investigate the statement and, if necessary, take action under the ISA (Internal Security Act) for having provoked the Malays," said Mohd Zaini.

The 4B Youth Movement was not playing partisan politics, he said, adding that it would have also spoken out if Umno had criticised Malay supremacy.

Selangor Umno Information chief Abdul Shukor Idros said that as a Malay, Dr Wan Azizah should not have made such a remark.

She was prepared to gamble away the race for self-interest in order to appease the other races, he said.

Abdul Shukor said that though the Malays were accorded special privileges, they only had less than 30 per cent of the nation's wealth while the other races enjoyed the bigger 70 per cent.

He also said that Abdul Shukor had never seen the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, express his disappointment as he did yesterday over the questioning of the Malay Rulers and the position and privileges of the Malays.

In KUALA LUMPUR, former PKR leader Datuk Seri Zahrain Mohamed Hashim said the suggestion to abandon the concept of Malay supremacy was purely a hypocritical move.

Zahrain, who is the former chairman of the Penang PKR Liaison Committee, said it was strange that the suggestion had come from PKR because PKR advisor Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, when he was Umno Youth chief and deputy prime minister, had eagerly championed Malay supremacy.

"Now, he has dismissed Malay supremacy and involved the institution of Malay Rulers as well," he told a news conference at the Parliament lobby.

Zahrain, who is the MP for Bayan Baru, alleged that Anwar, when he was deputy prime minister and finance minister, had given many privileges, such as shares, to groups comprising his cronies.

Kulim Bandar Baharu MP Zulkifli Noordin asked why Anwar wanted to dispute the concept of Malay supremacy after he, his family and friends had allegedly benefited much from it.

He said that if Anwar regarded the concept of Malay supremacy upheld by the institution of Malay Rulers as no longer relevant, he should return the awards he had received from the rulers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.