`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Sunday, January 31, 2016

THE SULTAN & REGENCY COUNCIL ARE FURIOUS AT NAJIB'S OUSTER MOVE: APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY - MUKHRIZ TELLS KEDAH 14

THE SULTAN & REGENCY COUNCIL ARE FURIOUS AT NAJIB'S OUSTER MOVE: APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY - MUKHRIZ TELLS KEDAH 14
Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir today urged the state’s Umno division chiefs and wing leaders who called for his ouster to apologise to the sultan and the Regency Council for their actions.
He said‎ their press conference nearly two weeks ago had offended the sultan, adding that they did not represent the majority of Umno nor did they carry the wishes of the Kedah people.
Mukhriz said the six executive councillors who failed to attend the Kedah executive council meeting last Wednesday must also apologise, as they had been remiss in carrying out their duty.
"I urge all 14 Umno division chiefs who were involved, directly or indirectly‎, with the press conference on January 20, 2016, and the six state executive councillors who did not attend the executive council meeting on January 27 immediately apologise officially to the Kedah sultan and the Regency Council.
"Until this struggle is resolved, every executive councillor‎ and state assemblymen must carry out the duties entrusted to them by the king and his people, as enshrined in the Kedah  constitution," said Mukhriz in a statement today
His statement comes as the Kedah Regency Council has summoned all Barisan Nasional (BN) state assemblymen to Wisma Darul Aman tomorrow, and is expected to decide on the new menteri besar the same day.
Mukhriz said he was informed that the sultan and the Regency Council were furious at the six executive councillors who did not attend last week's meeting.
‎"As executive councillors, their refusal to attend the executive council meeting jeopardises the administration and plans arranged by the state government to carry out programmes and development activities for the people of the state.
"I was told the Kedah sultan and the Regency Council were also angered by the disobedience shown by executive councillors," said Mukhriz.‎
Meanwhile, he said, the press conference had tarnished the celebrations of the Sultan kedah's 88th birthday, which was held the same day.
He added that it was irresponsible for the 14 division chiefs to "drag" the Umno wings and youth leaders to the press conference.
‎He said several who attended it later told him they had not been aware‎ of the meeting's purpose.‎
"As the Umno Kedah liaison chief, I humbly apologise to the Sultan of Kedah and the Regency Council over the actions of a few Umno members, which have tarnished the sultan's honour and the birthday celebrations," said Mukhriz.
Mukhriz Mahathir
Fourteen Kedah Umno division chiefs and wing leaders announced ‎in a press conference on January 20 that they wanted Mukhriz removed as menteri besar.
Media reports said 19 Umno representatives in the state assembly had signed sworn statements in support of Mukhriz's removal.
The report also said the palace had requested for a formal letter on Mukhriz's status in Umno, and that Mukhriz was summoned for an audience at 4pm Friday.
On Friday, Najib announced that his meeting with the Kedah Regency Council went smoothly and the proposed list of candidates to replace Mukhriz had been submitted and not rejected by the palace.
He did not reveal the list and said Mukhriz would remain as Kedah menteri besar and the state Umno chief until further notice. – TMI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.