`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Sunday, July 12, 2020

Chicken price will not exceed RM9 per kg by August, says deputy minister

Datuk Rosol Wahid speaks to the media after the Walkabout Price Monitoring Programme at the Historic Melaka City Council Public Market in Melaka July 12, 2020. — Bernama pic
Datuk Rosol Wahid speaks to the media after the Walkabout Price Monitoring Programme at the Historic Melaka City Council Public Market in Melaka July 12, 2020. — Bernama pic
MELAKA, July 12 — The Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (MDTCA) today gave the assurance that the retail price of chicken nationwide will not exceed RM9 per kg by August.
Its deputy minister, Datuk Rosol Wahid, said this upon assurance given by industry players during a meeting with the ministry recently following the surge in the chicken price during the movement control order (MCO) period.
However, checks conducted by MDTCA until early this month found some traders selling the chicken for between RM8.20 to RM8.69 per kg, he told reporters after the Walkabout Price Monitoring Programme at the Historic Melaka City Council Public Market, here today.
Previously, it was viralled that in Terengganu, the price of chicken had gone up to RM10.50 per kg.
Two days ago, MDTC confirmed that there was an increase of between 10 sen and RM1.50 per kg for chicken during the period June 4 to 19.
Rosol said MDTCA would continue to monitor the prices of essential goods, especially ahead of the Aidiladha celebration at the end of this month.
On the high price of durian, Rosol said the ministry was looking for the best way to resolve the issue including obtaining views from the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry.
“We will discuss how to control the prices of durian as there various varieties of the fruit, as the D24, Udang Merah, Beserah, Musang King and IOI,” he added. — Bernama

Police: Hunt on for man who allegedly raped, prostituted 13-year-old daughter in Kajang

Police are looking for a man to facilitate investigations relating to allegations of raping and prostituting his 13-year-old daughter at their home in Kajang, for the past three years. — Picture by Mukhriz Hazim
Police are looking for a man to facilitate investigations relating to allegations of raping and prostituting his 13-year-old daughter at their home in Kajang, for the past three years. — Picture by Mukhriz Hazim
KUALA LUMPUR, July 12 — Police are looking for a man to facilitate investigations relating to allegations of raping and prostituting his 13-year-old daughter at their home in Kajang, for the past three years.
Kajang district police chief ACP Mohd Zaid Hassan said the suspect’s abusive behaviour was reported by the victim’s aunt yesterday after learning of the incident earlier this month.
“Initial investigations revealed that the victim was believed to have been raped by her biological father when she was 10 years old and the mother knew about it, but no action was taken after the suspect promised not to repeat his actions,” he said in a statement today.
Mohd Zaid said this was carried out from mid-2019 to February this year and the suspect is alleged to have forced the victim to serve more than 20 customers who were brought home by him.
“The suspect is believed to have brought the customers home and forced the victim to cater to their sexual needs, but no payment was obtained from them,” he said.
The case, he said is being investigated under Section 376B/ 372 of the Penal Code and Section 43(1) (a) of the Children’s Act.
Anyone with information regarding the incident, can contact any nearby police station or Investigating Officer Insp Hafiza at 0183903410 or 03-89114222. — Bernama

Al-Quran and Fardu Ain school sessions to reopen on Aug 2, says minister

Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs) Senator Datuk Seri Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri said Kafa) classes for schools in Group A states, namely in Kedah, Johor, Kelantan and Terengganu, will reopen starting August 2. ― Picture by Miera Zulyana
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs) Senator Datuk Seri Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri said Kafa) classes for schools in Group A states, namely in Kedah, Johor, Kelantan and Terengganu, will reopen starting August 2. ― Picture by Miera Zulyana
PUTRAJAYA, July 12 — Al-Quran and Fardu Ain (Kafa) classes for schools in Group A states, namely in Kedah, Johor, Kelantan and Terengganu, will reopen starting August 2.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs) Senator Datuk Seri Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri said the classes for states in Group B, namely Perlis, Penang, Perak, Selangor, Negri Sembilan, Melaka, Pahang, Sabah and Sarawak and the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Putrajaya, would start on August 3.
He said the decision made by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (Jakim) took into account the interests of all parties and the full preparations of the of 5,619 Kafa premises as well as the governance and management of national schools.
“Based on the difference between the Kafa reopening time and the opening of primary schools, I hope Kafa’s reopening can run smoothly,” he said in a statement today.
On July 1, Senior Minister (Education) Dr Mohd Radzi Md Jidin announced that the school session for Year 5 and Year 6 pupils would start on July 15 and July 22 for Year 1 to Year 4 students.
Zulkifli said administrators of Kafa premises should ensure all parties comply with the school reopening guidelines issued by the Education Ministry and for Kafa classes by Jakim.
“I hope with careful preparations by all, the reopening of Kafa classes will be smooth and our children will be able to attend schools safely,” he said.
Zulkifli said the operating models chosen by national schools in order to reopen would affect the operation of Kafa classes nationwide.
Therefore, there should be coordination between the State Implementing Agency and the State Education Department to ensure smooth reopening of Kafa school sessions. — Bernama

Police deny viral message on alleged spread of Covid-19 in Seremban UTC

Policemen are seen at a roadblock located at the Seremban Toll Plaza during the first day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri in Seremban May 24, 2020. — Bernama pic
Policemen are seen at a roadblock located at the Seremban Toll Plaza during the first day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri in Seremban May 24, 2020. — Bernama pic
SEREMBAN, July 12 — Police today denied a message which went viral on the social media since yesterday of the supposed spread of the Covid-19 pandemic at the Seremban Urban Transformation Centre (UTC).
Seremban District Police Chief ACP Mohd Said Ibrahim said what actually happened was that a man was found to have violated his home quarantine order after returning from an overseas trip.
“The incident occurred at about 3 pm when the Health Ministry issued a compound to the 23-year-old man for violating the home quarantine order during the recovery movement control order (RMCO).
“The man was supposed to have stayed at home but had gone to the Seremban UTC to renew his international passport, thus violating the quarantine order. There was no case of the spread of Covid-19 at the Seremban UTC as went viral yesterday,” he told Bernama here today.
Mohd Said also reminded the public to obey the rules set by the government. — Bernama

Muhyiddin ucap tahniah kepada PM Singapura atas kemenangan pilihan raya

Menurut Muhyiddin dalam perbualan telefon dengan Lee Hsien Loong, mereka bersetuju untuk menyelesaikan setiap masalah secara damai agar menjadi asas rundingan pada masa kini dan akan datang.
KUALA LUMPUR: Perdana Menteri, Muhyiddin Yassin mengucapkan tahniah kepada rakan sejawatannya dari Singapura, Lee Hsien Loong atas kejayaan Parti Tindakan Rakyat (PAP) pimpinannya memenangi pilihan raya umum 2020 (PRU2020) negara itu, Jumaat lalu.
Muhyiddin yakin hubungan 2 hala sedia ada antara kedua-dua negara akan terus berkembang di bawah kepimpinan Lee sebagai perdana menteri.
“Sebagai jiran dan rakan kongsi terdekat di ASEAN, kerjasama berterusan antara Malaysia dan Singapura tentunya akan menguntungkan rakyat kedua-dua negara dari segi pertumbuhan ekonomi, keamanan dan kemakmuran,” katanya dalam kenyataan di Facebook rasminya hari ini.
Mengulas mengenai isu 2 hala yang belum selesai, Muhyiddin memaklumkan bahawa kedua-dua pihak sepakat untuk terus positif dalam mencari penyelesaian dengan berpaksikan kepada kepentingan bersama.
Menurut perdana menteri dalam perbualan telefon dengan Lee, kedua-dua mereka bersetuju menyelesaikan setiap masalah dan isu secara damai agar menjadi asas dan panduan dalam apa juga rundingan yang dilakukan pada masa kini dan akan datang.
“Ini bagi memelihara hubungan erat dan penting antara Malaysia dan Singapura yang sekian lama terjalin,” katanya.
Dalam perbualan itu, kedua-kedua pemimpin turut menyentuh soal hubungan bilateral serta Projek Sistem Transit Rapid (RTS) dan Projek Kereta Api Berkelajuan Tinggi Kuala Lumpur-Singapura (HSR).
Menyentuh mengenai projek RTS, Muhyiddin berkata, projek membabitkan Johor Bahru-Singapura kini dalam proses perbincangan aktif pegawai kedua-dua negara dan menjangkakan perjanjian 2 hala dapat dimuktamadkan dalam masa terdekat.
Selain itu, Muhyiddin, yang juga presiden PPBM, turut menyampaikan ucapan penghargaan kepada Singapura atas persetujuan melanjutkan tempoh penggantungan HSR dari 1 Jun hingga 31 Dis 2020 tanpa sebarang kos dan penalti kepada Malaysia.
Beliau pada masa sama menyifatkan ia amat signifikan kepada cerminan hubungan baik antara kedua-dua negara.
Muhyiddin membangkitkan mengenai perbincangan yang berlangsung sebelum ini antara pegawai kedua-dua negara berhubung Laluan Hijau Dua Hala (RGL) dan Aturan Perjalanan Berkala (PCA) antara Malaysia dan Singapura.
“Saya menyuarakan harapan Malaysia untuk melihat kedua-dua inisiatif yang difahamkan berada di peringkat akhir perbincangan itu dapat dimuktamadkan serta dilaksanakan dalam tempoh terdekat,” katanya.
Beliau juga berkata, kedua-dua pihak menyatakan komitmen untuk segera bertemu bagi membincangkan pelbagai perkara sebaik sahaja situasi pandemik Covid-19 di Malaysia dan Singapura bertambah baik. - FMT

Apandi says Sri Ram never explained the evidence against Najib

Former attorney-general, Apandi Ali has made further allegations against Gopal Sri Ram, who is a prosecutor in Najib Razak’s trial.
PETALING JAYA: Mohamed Apandi Ali today said Gopal Sri Ram had never explained what evidence there was in the public domain against Najib Razak when Sri Ram had pushed to have the former prime minister arrested and charged.
Apandi, who was attorney-general at the time, made further allegations against Sri Ram in an affidavit filed to support a suit to remove Sri Ram as a prosecutor in Najib’s criminal trial.
Apandi said Sri Ram, a prominent senior lawyer and former judge, had “used the term ‘public domain’ loosely” when they met in 2018 as he did not dare enter into the real subject of their conversation.
Sri Ram had said on Tuesday that he had advised Apandi of evidence in the public domain against Najib, and that it was Apandi’s duty to have Najib arrested and charged.
He also admitted to meeting Apandi at Apandi’s home in January 2018. He alleged that Apandi and his wife Faridah Begum KA Abdul Kader, had been the target of cybertroopers who suggested that Apandi was disloyal, incompetent and had abused his power.
But Apandi denied this, adding that he was appalled with Sri Ram’s “creation of this narrative”.
He also said he found it interesting that Sri Ram inconsistently claimed that he and his wife were attacked by cybertroopers on Najib’s payroll, while at the same time claiming that Apandi had favoured Najib in deciding on the latter’s case.
“I think Sri Ram created this story only from my remark in a Facebook posting that I was under attack from cybertroopers from both sides of the divide, but this narrative was never the subject of any discussion at the fateful meeting.
“I certainly did not accuse the applicant’s (Najib’s) cybertroopers of attacking me,” he said in the affidavit, sighted by FMT.
Apandi also said that Sri Ram had not given up urging him to charge Najib in spite of the fact that his days as the AG “were numbered”.
Faridah Begum, wife of Apandi Ali, also filed an affidavit.
Apandi said that based on WhatsApp messages between him and Sri Ram, the latter was comfortable with him and was therefore “courageous enough to make unthinkable suggestions to me regarding the arrest and charging” of Najib.
He also claimed that Sri Ram had more insight into his tenure as the AG than what was disclosed. Apandi noted that Sri Ram said he wished that Apandi had followed his advice and charged Najib.
“This end message by Sri Ram was a reminder by him and perhaps even his regret that I could have saved myself and continued to be the AG if only I had followed the advice that he carried from Tun Mahathir to arrest and charge Najib,” he said, referring to Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
Last month, in an earlier affidavit, Apandi had claimed that Sri Ram had told him in January that the arrest order for Najib came from Mahathir, who was then opposition leader.
“Based on the WhatsApp conversation between Sri Ram and myself after the fateful meeting, I believe I was removed as the AG on the 4th of June 2018 for not abiding to their request.”
AG’s wife says Sri Ram asked for Najib’s arrest
In a separate affidavit, Apandi’s wife Faridah Begum backed her husband’s claims about Sri Ram, stating that Sri Ram had said “out of the blue” that Mahathir had sent him to see her husband.
She said Sri Ram’s statement came as a shock to her husband and her.
Faridah said Sri Ram had stated that Mahathir wanted Apandi to arrest Najib and that Sri Ram had arranged everything, including for police in Putrajaya to act on his instruction.
“Tan Sri Apandi then asked Sri Ram on what charge should Datuk Seri Najib be arrested for, at which Sri Ram replied ‘look, it doesn’t matter what you arrest him for. The people are angry and frustrated. Just arresting him will make them happy. Leave the rest to me’.”
She also said that Sri Ram reminded Apandi to think about it and to get back to him.
Faridah also gave an account of the close family relationships between Sri Ram and her family, describing his visits to her family’s shop at Ampang Park, dinners at their home with her parents and family, and his praise of the special vegetarian meals her father cooked for him.
Apandi was appointed as AG on Najib’s advice in July 2015, a position he held until Pakatan Harapan came into power in May 2018, upon which he was sacked.
In January 2018, he cleared Najib of any wrongdoing related to the 1MDB funds in his accounts. - FMT

Umno Youth chief: No choice but dissolution if Muhyiddin' motions fail

Malaysiakini

Umno Youth chief Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki said there would be no choice but to dissolve Parliament if Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin's motions to replace the Dewan Rakyat speaker and deputy speaker with Perikatan Nasional's own choice fail.
Asyraf (above) said this in reference to Muhyiddin's four motions in the Dewan Rakyat tomorrow, namely to remove Mohamad Ariff Md Yusof as the speaker and replace him with Azhar Azizan Harun, to remove Teluk Intan MP Nga Kor Ming as deputy speaker and replace him with Pegerang MP Azalina Othman.
"If it fails, it means PN no longer has the legitimacy and majority to continue with governing.
"Therefore, the government has no choice but to seek an audience with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong to dissolve Parliament," he said in a Facebook post.
However, Asyraf said he hoped that the PN government can be maintained in the interest of the people.
According to the previous Dewan Rakyat sitting, Muhyiddin had the support of 113 MPs in the 222-member House.
Since then, Sri Gading MP Shahruddin Md Salleh had quit the government and will likely side with the opposition but this is cancelled out by Lubuk Antu MP Jugah Muyang quitting PKR to become a PN-friendly independent.
PN is comprised of Bersatu, BN, PAS, GPS, PBS, STAR and former PKR deputy president Azmin Ali's G10.
Pakatan Harapan has 91 MPs while a third bloc comprising Bersatu rebels, Warisan and PSB has 18 MPs. Both blocs are opposed to changing the Dewan Rakyat speaker and deputy speaker.
A number of motions from both the government and opposition have been submitted to the Dewan Rakyat to determine whether Muhyiddin still enjoys majority support but they are unlikely to come up tomorrow as they are placed far down the list in the Order Paper.
By convention, government motions always get priority.
However, Muhyiddin's motion on the Dewan Rakyat speaker and deputy speaker is now seen as a proxy confidence vote.
If Muhyiddin fails to rally enough MPs to remove Ariff and Nga, it could reflect on his lack of support in the House. Conversely, if he succeeds, Muhyiddin would be on a stronger footing.
The Harapan government collapsed in late February after Muhyiddin pulled Bersatu out and formed a new coalition with PKR defectors, BN, PAS, GPS, PBS and STAR.
Muhyiddin was sworn in as the new prime minister after his mentor-turned-rival Dr Mahathir Mohamad refused to lead the new PN coalition as he adamantly refused to work with Umno. - Mkini