`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Weddings, social events allowed from July 1, green light for Korban too

Malaysiakini

CORONAVIRUS | The government has decided to allow all social events including wedding ceremonies and private parties to be held beginning July 1, Senior Minister (Security) Ismail Sabri Yaakob (above) said today.
At a press conference today, he also announced that Qurban religious activities would also be allowed for the Hari Raya Aidiladha celebrations at the end of next month.
However, he stressed that the further relaxation of the recovery movement control order (RMCO) was still subject to strict conditions that would be monitored for compliance by the authorities.
"I want to announce today that the government has agreed to allow social events starting this July 1. The events that are allowed include kenduri (feasts), wedding and engagement ceremonies, religious activities like tahlilAqiqah, special prayers as well as personal celebrations like wedding anniversaries, birthdays and reunion programmes.
"However, we are imposing a time limit of between three to five hours so that these activities will not take too long," he said.
According to Ismail Sabri, the number of participants for such events would be limited to 250 individuals at any one time. Small venues that cannot accommodate such a number with social distancing rules must reduce the number of guests accordingly.
Buffets will not be allowed for all events except in cases where the organiser hires wait staff to serve food to the guests.
Other basic rules such as temperature checks, and an attendance record and social distancing will still apply.
Ismail said participants are also advised to use face masks when attending the events.
Qurban activities only at designated areas
On Qurban activities, the minister told reporters that it can only be carried out at mosques, surau or other areas approved by the religious authorities.
He said this only applies to the Federal Territories, while for states, approval for such programmes were up to their respective religious departments.
According to Ismail Sabri, the Islamic Development Department (Jakim) has prepared a standard operating procedure which the states could use as a reference.
 "Organisers also have to inform the nearest district Health Office (about the activity), while the number of participants is capped at 250 like all the other activities which have been allowed by the government. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to attend Qurban events.
"Besides this, the number of people on duty to handle the activity is also capped with a ratio of 30 individuals to each cow. This number includes all persons involved from the beginning of the process to slaughter the livestock up until the meat is distributed to the recipients," said the minister.
Meanwhile, to a question about compliance by Malaysians returning from overseas who have to undergo mandatory home quarantine, Ismail said they had not received any negative report to date.
"I was informed that the Health Ministry, police and other agencies conduct spot checks from time to time to ensure that those under quarantine are where they are supposed to be.
"Until today, there is no report on failure to follow the SOPs that have been set by authorities," he said.
Between June 10 and 23, a total of 5,093 Malaysians returned to the country through the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Of this number, Ismail Sabri said 5,067 had been ordered to undergo home quarantine while 26 were taken to hospital.
"Yesterday, 557 Malaysians arrived at KLIA of whom seven were taken to hospital after they were tested positive for Covid-19," he said. - Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.