`




THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Eight-year bitter struggle pays off for Rawang residents



After eight years of sleepless nights, the residents in Rawang, who had been fighting against the controversial high-tension wires project, finally received got a good news from Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB).

PKR MP for Selayang William Leong announced today that the Selangor government has reached a consensus with TNB, which will see the project taking an alternative route, avoiding the residents' village.

NONESpeaking to the press this morning, Leong said the proposed route was put on the table at for discussion at the meeting of Selangor Economic Action Council (MTES) yesterday, and subsequently won the state government's nod.

He said the alternative route will be announced by TNB after the government-linked company finalises technical matters.

However, he said the new route has meet three criteria set by the state government.
These are:
  • The project will not enter Kg. Sg Terentang or other residential areas;
  •  It will not go through any school or factory; and,
  •  It will not harm the resident health and safety..
[More to follow]

No comments:

Post a Comment