`

THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

Image result for Selamat Menyambut Awal Muharram 2017

Monday, July 3, 2017

'Mahathir should present evidence and not spout rhetoric'



Former Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad should present evidence to support his claim that the government forbids Malaysian students studying overseas from meeting him, or risk having their scholarships revoked.
Overseas Umno club chairperson Wan Md Hazlin Agyl Wan Hassan said he welcomes any such evidence from Mahathir, who should otherwise, stop spouting rhetoric.
"I see no evidence suggesting the BN government stops overseas students from meeting opposition leaders.
"I welcome Tun M's presentation of evidence. I myself would no agree if such limitation is imposed (on students) by the BN government. We Malaysians should be open minded," he told a press conference, adding that when he was studying abroad, he and his fellow students were allowed to meet with politicians from both sides of the divide.
"If we see terms and conditions of scholarships, there is nothing that states that funding can be revoked if the recipient meets an opposition leader. That's why we wonder, where this rhetoric comes from."
Mahathir, in his blog posting yesterday, had claimed that Malaysian students overseas have been warned to not meet him, or risk having their scholarships revoked.
He said this while sharing his experience of celebrating the Hari Raya with Malaysian students in London.
The Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia chairperson also said that the rule (to not meet him) was set by Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak, who is "afraid" his (Mahathir's) presence will influence the students.
Mahathir is Najib's staunchest critic and has accused the prime minister of "stealing" from Malaysia, through the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) state investment fund.

The US Department of Justice (DOJ), in its latest civil suit filed on June 15, alleged that US$4.5 billion of 1MDB funds had been misappropriated from 1MDB and is seeking to seize US$1.7 billion in assets allegedly acquired using the stolen money.
This includes a US$27.3 million pink diamond necklace allegedly bought for MO1's wife.
Minister Abdul Rahman Dahlan had previously confirmed MO1 was Najib but the prime minister has denied any misconduct.
Attorney-General Mohamed Apandi Ali has also cleared Najib from wrongdoing. ---Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment