`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 

21 JUNE 2026

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I'm not BN or DAP lackey, insists 'Uncle Kentang'



SEMENYIH POLLS
 | Social activist Kuan Chee Heng, who is planning to contest in the upcoming Semenyih by-election, said he was neither a BN nor a DAP lackey.

Instead, Kuan, who refers to himself as "Uncle Kentang" (potato uncle), said he was a lackey for the poor and hungry people.
"If I'm not a DAP lackey and a BN lackey, then I'm a free-agent lackey. A lackey of the people's voice," he told Malaysiakini.
Kuan acknowledged that he faces an uphill task but said the by-election would be an opportunity for him to highlight the people's plight.
"I will campaign in Semenyih and bring together those who face hardship and sickness," he said.
Kuan was responding to accusations that he was being sponsored by the DAP to split votes.
Selangor Umno Youth chief Rizam Ismail had also proposed that Kuan join forces with BN against Pakatan Harapan. 
However, Kuan said he had not received any formal proposal from BN.
"For the record, I have not met anyone. If people want to invite me to a wedding, then at least send an invitation," he joked.
Kuan, who is known for his charitable work in the Klang Valley, is planning to contest as an independent
He is likely to face candidates from BN, Harapan and PSM.
The Semenyih by-election will take place on March 2. It was called following the passing of its Bersatu incumbent Bakhtiar Mohd Nor. - Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.