`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Cops to call up Fahmi Reza when ordered to investigate

 


Police will call up activist Fahmi Reza to assist in investigations into a poster uploaded on Facebook and Twitter regarding Perak Mentri Besar Saarani Mohamad once they have received the order to investigate (OTI) from the deputy public prosecutor (DPP).

“So far, we have not called him up because we are awaiting the OTI as it’s the DPP who decides whether or not the case can be investigated,” Kuala Kangsar District Police chief ACP Omar Bakhtiar Yaacob said, adding that they expect to receive the OTI by this week.

He said this at a media conference after carrying out an operation on the compliance of the standard operating procedure (SOP) of the movement control order (MCO) 3.0 at four factories in Lubuk Merbau today.

On June 17, Perak Umno Youth chief Mohd Ariff Abdul Majid had lodged a report at the Kuala Kangsar District Police Headquarters regarding the poster, which he described as slanderous and a deliberate attempt to incite hatred against the Perak menteri besar.

Ariff was reported to have said that the poster uploaded by Fahmi, which went viral with the caption “kita dah bagi makan sardin, jangan gatal nak mintak ayam pulak” (we have fed you with sardine, don’t itch for chicken), which was criticised and condemned by other social media users.

Ariff had said that based on the video at Saarani’s press conference, he found that the Perak menteri besar was only giving an analogy on the contribution of mobile phones by YTL Foundation to the Perak government for poor students.

On June 18, Perak Police chief Mior Faridalathrash Wahid was reported to have said that, so far, police had opened investigation papers in accordance with Section 504 of the Penal Code and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 following a report lodged by the Perak Umno Youth chief.

Meanwhile, Omar Bakhtiar said today’s operation, which began at 10.30am, found that the owners of the factories had complied with the SOP.

“However, further inspection found that one of the factories producing noodles and laksa is believed to be using an illegal halal logo and did not comply with proper hygiene practices,” he said, adding that further action will be taken by the Health Ministry and the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry.

Bernama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.