`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Friday, May 31, 2019

Install dash cams to safeguard e-hailing drivers, says Sabah Wanita Umno chief

Sabah Wanita Umno chief Jainab Ahmad Ayid distributing porridge to residents of Kampung Likas in conjunction with Ramadan today.
KOTA KINABALU: Days after a Grab driver was found murdered, Sabah Wanita Umno chief Jainab Ahmad Ayid today called for dash cams to be installed in e-hailing cars to safeguard drivers from criminals posing as passengers.
Jainab said footage from dash cam recorders could prove crucial in tracking down those who commit crimes such as robbery or even murder against e-hailing drivers.
Her comments come in the wake of the murder of Grab driver Mohd Hanafiee Jaffar, 27, believed over RM80, allegedly by two men on May 24.
The former community development and consumer affairs minister condemned the killing, noting that many areas had now become hot spots for crime.
Among them are the Kinarut refugees resettlement scheme, the jetty at Kampung Tanjung Aru Lama, Kampung Air, Sinsuran, Kampung Sembulan Lama, Kampung Cenderamata 2, Nurul Aman Likas, Kampung Inanam Laut, Bundusan, Kampung Suang Parai, Kampung Setinggan Warisan, Kampung Dalima, Kampung Telipok, the Telipok Ria Apartments, Kampung Lembaga Padi and Sepanggar Port.
“These areas have been identified as hot spots and perhaps, e-hailing drivers would be wise to avoid picking up and dropping off passengers, especially during night time or early morning,” she said.
At the same time, she said neighbourhood watches should be started in areas that do not have such programmes to prevent crime.
Hanafiee was robbed and murdered after he picked up two passengers at 4am to go to Tuaran.
His body was found three days later, and the two passengers – one local and another a foreigner – were arrested and remanded by the police.
On another note, Jainab urged Housing and Local Government Minister Zuraida Kamaruddin to explain the withdrawal of lawyer Syazlin Mansor from the inquest into the death of fireman Muhammad Adib Mohd Kassim.
Syazlin had been representing the ministry, the Fire and Rescue Department and Adib’s family.
“The withdrawal by Syazlin gave an impression that the government is making excuses to drag this inquest,” she said.
Jainab also found it puzzling that the lawyer was told to withdraw more than a month after the inquest started.
She said it raised questions as to how far the Pakatan Harapan government’s pledge of “rule of law” was actually put into practice.

“An inquest is not about win or lose. So, people will question why now. Only two days left for the proceedings and yet, we may see it dragged on longer,” she said. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment