THE PEOPLE undeniably continues blaming UMNO led Barisan Nasional (BN) Government in Kuala Lumpur and Sabah for the perennial huge presence of illegal immigrants (PTI) and the loss of 95 per cent oil revenues as well as problems over Native Customary Rights (NCR) lands.
Sabah Progressive Party (SAPP) said the PTI continuously swarm Sabah because it is easy to get MyKad, the Malaysian identity card, through back door as UMNO leaders here and in Kuala Lumpur have a hand on it.
“It is called 'Project IC' as have been reported in a book written by Mutalib MD who is a former aide of UMNO leader here. As such, State Speaker Datuk Seri Salleh Tun Said should not have denial syndrome over the issue of huge presence of PTI statewide.
“Hundred thousands of PTI keep on coming into Sabah due to the special treatment given by UMNO, which is backed by leaders in Kuala Lumpur since UMNO spread its wings into the State,” SAPP Treasurer General Dullie Marie said responding to Salleh’s statement, which was published in local dailies.
On oil royalty, Dullie said Kuala Lumpur are enjoying 95 per cent revenues over 36 years while Sabah only receives the remaining 5 per cent although the petroleum are being extracted from here.
He said the present Sabah BN Government have never pressed Kuala Lumpur for a revision of the oil royalty although Sabah remain one of the poorest State in Malaysia.
He went on saying that it seems that the present Sabah BN Government is happy that Sabah is still poor and lack behind in all development sapects compared to the other states in the country.
Dullie said NCR lands issue only emerge under the administration of the present UMNO led Sabah BN Government.
“As far as I could remember, NCR lands issue have never happen before. Many folks in the interiors were chased out of their villages with their houses, crops and cemetery were destroyed. This inhumane acts only happen around eight few years ago,” he added.
Salleh was quoted as saying that there is no need for Sabah to fear that it would lose its autonomy or the people their rights.
He also said that the many illegal immigrants getting MyKad here due to their blood relationship with certain leader and ordinary local.
Salleh blamed local land owners for selling their assets for quick bucks resulting in many lands fell in the hands of private companies from Kuala Lumpur.
He also blamed past leaders for signing the oil royalty agreement, which gave 95 per cent revenues to Kuala Lumpur via Petronas.
The oil royalty agreement was signed by the then Chief Minister Datuk Harris Salleh (now Tan Sri) and witnessed by Datuk Joseph Pairin Kitingan (now Tan Sri) on behalf of Sabah few decaded ago. - Sabahkini