
In a video uploaded by the Umno Youth chief on his social media account, the family, which has three young children, had been without electricity for two weeks and without a water supply for a long period because they had been unable to pay their bills.
Unable to pay an electricity bill amounting to RM2,387.32 and a water bill of RM5,000, the family had resorted to using candles at night, while relying on neighbours for water.
In the video, Dr Akmal was seen expressing shock at the condition of the house occupied by the family, which was partially without a roof.
He was also seen reprimanding a man who was the head of the family for not meeting him and informing him of the problems they were facing.
"Why didn't you come and see me? I'm embarrassed. I only found out about this from someone else. If you were living alone, I wouldn't mind. But you have young children, including a two-month-old baby.
"I feel terrible knowing someone is living in darkness like this, with children, including a two-month-old. But you have to promise me that you won't stop working.
"If I find out that you're not working, I'll look for you tomorrow," he said in the video.
Dr Akmal also expressed sadness over the family's living conditions and wanted their house to be repaired.
"I feel guilty. There are lights elsewhere, but it turns out there is someone in my area without electricity. Your house has electricity, but this family has none.
"You have water, but this family has no water. One day, that is why I cannot enter heaven," he said.
Dr Akmal was also seen paying the family's outstanding electricity bill and resolving their water supply issue, while reminding the man that the payment was not made using allocation funds but from his own salary.
"What I'm paying for is not from an allocation. This is from my own salary. So, since it is my salary, I consider it a debt you owe me.
"The way you repay this debt is by taking care of your children and not stopping work. This is the amount you owe, RM2,387.32," he said while advising the head of the family. - NST

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.