`




THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Sunday, December 29, 2013

Don’t be a bully, DBKL told

A non-governmental organisation tells DBKL not to sue FMT and Makkal Osai over a news report on the demolition of Kg Railway in Sentul
PETALING JAYA: A non governmental organisation today told the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) not to pursue  its planned legal action against Free Malaysia Today (FMT) and a Tamil daily, Makkal Osai, over a news report on the demolition of houses in Kg Railway, Sentul last Thursday.
Malaysian Indians Progressive Association (MIPAS) secretary general S.Barathidasan in a press statement, condemned DBKL for planned action against the two media organisations urging City Hall ‘not to bully’ the media but accept the truth reported.
“MIPAS warns DBKL, stop bullying the media and not curb the freedom of the media for carrying the truth for the people,”
“Why can’t DBKL accept reality and the truth of the news. MIPAS strongly disagrees with DBKL’s plan to sue FMT and Makkal Osai over the report,” he said.
Barathidasan also slammed DBKL for not serving the rakyat in certain matters and lambasted the Federal Territories deputy minister Logan Balan for failing to meet Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak’s slogan of  ‘People First Performance Now’.
“It is very easy to make upsetting news as it makes great headlines, but when the truth is reported they cannot be upset with the messenger, they should be angry with who ever made it into such a big issue, so DBKL have to accept the reality,”
“Loga Balan and DBKL has failed and going against Najib’s slogan  of ‘people first, performance now’. DBKL as a government body should be committed to carrying out a transformation on approaches and philosophy of 1Malaysia,” he added.
On December 26, DBKL enforcement personnel demolished three quarters of the houses in Kampung Railway in Sentul.
YTL Corporation Bhd, through its developer Sentul Raya Sdn Bhd (SRSB), had earlier planned to demolish about 50 houses in Kampung Railway on Sept 18, but was stopped by residents led by Tian Chua.
The developer had bought the land and had planned to build a high, medium and low-cost homes in the area.
YTL has been granted a court order to evacuate and relocate the families.
The developer had offered low-cost homes in Bukit Jalil but the families had refused the offer and wanted to be relocated near the Sentul area

No comments:

Post a Comment