`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Thursday, February 28, 2013

Several killed in Lahad Datu gunfight



Philippine media have reported that several people have been killed as intruders from the Sulu sultanate exchanged fire with Malaysian armed forces in Lahad Datu, after nearly three weeks of stand-off.

It was not reported which side the fatalities were in.

However, Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein has claimed that Malaysian security forces were attacked at 10am today, but that they have yet to return fire.

“Lahad Datu - I confirm that our security forces have not taken a single shot but were shot at 10am this morning!

“Lahad Datu: the situation is still under full control. They (the intruders) are still being surrounded. The authority has not returned any shots. Let us pray!” he posted in his Twitter account.

The Philippine Star reported that the Malaysian authorities began the assault on the holed-out area today.

NONEThe daily quoted a radio report that interviewed some relatives of the self-proclaimed Sulu sultan Jamalul Kiram III, including his brother Azzimudie Kiram who heads the armed group in Lahad Datu, as saying that there were several fatalities already in from the gunfight.
Malaysian Chinese daily China Press has quoted unverified sources from the scene who claimed that there were two intruders shot dead, while three members of the Malaysian forces suffered injuries. 
Jamalul's secretary-general and spokesperson Abraham Idjirani also confirmed to The Philippine Starthat Azzimudie's group had been fired at by Malaysian security forces.

Idjirani claimed that the sultanate members had called and informed them about the rising tension at about 6am today.

“This morning is a history, that the Malaysian security forces started the first shot,” Idjirani was quoted as saying.

On the other hand, he noted that Azzimudie could not ascertain if the first shot had been aimed at their people.

Sulu group appealed to Malaysia 

According to Idjirani, Azzimudie also informed them earlier that the Malaysian authorities were already approaching the area.

"However, there was bit of respite and it was good that the Malaysian police had withdrawn later, according to crown prince (Azzimudie)," Idjirani said.

NONEHe claimed that the Malaysian forces came as close as 300 metres from the area where more than 200 followers of the sultanate had been holed up.

The sultanate official also appealed to the Malaysian government to reconsider its actions, stressing that their people in Lahad Datu have no intentions of creating trouble.

"However, if the Malaysian authorities will push for action, then the sultanate followers there have no recourse but to defend themselves to their last breath," Idjirani said.

Another Philippine media, Philippine Daily Inquirer, reported that a Sabah-based radio station had broadcasted that its reporter who was stationed near Felda 17 - an area near Kampung Tanduo where the armed group was holed up - heard heavy firing shortly after 10am.

The Sabah radio said their efforts to get comments from the Malaysian authorities has failed as the latter were mum on the incident, but some villagers has since claimed of seeing bodies being moved out. 

[More to follow]
435 px width

No comments:

Post a Comment