`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 

21 JUNE 2026

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Saifuddin: I was in Sabah when PKR discussed Nurul Izzah's resignation

 

SANDAKAN: Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said he was not present at the party meeting that discussed Nurul Izzah Anwar's decision to resign as PKR deputy president.

Saifuddin, who was recently appointed as a PKR vice-president, said he was in Sabah on official duties when the meeting was held yesterday.

"I was not at the meeting because I was in Sabah at the time.

"The meeting was held yesterday and I was carrying out official duties in Sabah," he said at a press conference after an Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCom) familiarisation programme with 14 diplomatic and foreign representatives here today.

He was asked to comment on yesterday's PKR Central Leadership Council meeting, which decided to place Nurul Izzah on temporary leave beginning after the 2026 National Congress.

The council also appointed Saifuddin Nasution to temporarily assume the duties of deputy president.

PKR information chief Datuk Seri Fahmi Fadzil was reported to have said the decision was made after the council considered Nurul Izzah's request to step down from the position, as well as hearing her views and those of the party leadership.

Nurul Izzah was reported to have said in a statement yesterday that she made the decision to relinquish the post after careful consideration to enable her to pursue further studies. - NST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.