Altantuya awakens: Malaysians must help her to force out the truth
In the wake of the late Altantuya's daddy's trip to Malaysia, and what has been reported in the on-line media, Malaysians need to respond and respond real big.
Here is a case that is not like any common murders we witness in this imperfect world. There is far more to the brutal annihilation of a woman, mother and daughter. It has brought the dignity and honor of all Malaysians into question by the sheer fact that we have not acted decisively enough to get the truth out into the open despite all these past six years and so much of court time.
If we claim to love this nation; if we claim to remain loyal to this nation; if we claim to be the true defenders of this nation and its Rulers, we must also protect the reputation, dignity and honour of this nation.
Malaysians need to force out the truth
And on that premise, it s about time that all Malaysians - irrespective of which political party they belong to; irrespective of which organisation or NGO they uphold; irrespective of what professional stature they are in; and irrespective of what race, religion and social class they belong to -- all Malaysians should demand and make sure that justice is dispensed to save the country from the persisting shame and disgrace.
The sooner we can force bring the truth to the surface the better for the reputation of this nation. The sooner we can resolve the case, the better for the aggrieved parents and relatives of the late Altantuya. The sooner we can finally pin the crook - so to speak, the better for every Malaysian and their revered Rulers.
Now there is only one person who can take up this cause and champion the truth to the fore and that is none other than our prime minister, Najib Razak.
He cannot any longer operate as if this case has nothing to do with him. He must accept universal opinion, that is, for as long as this case affects the country's reputation, image and dignity in the global arena, he must act to resolve. It is the basic tenet of prime ministership - being the vanguard of a nation and its reputation and honor.
Najib must respond
The prime minister needs to respond by ensuring that there are acceptable and proven answers to the following questions:
1. Who gave the orders for the C4 explosives to be taken out and to be used on poor Altantuya?
2. Who gave the orders to delete all ingress and egress records of the late Altantuya in the Immigration system?
3. Who gave the instructions to the bodyguards of the PM and his spouse to carry out the brutal, ghastly killing?
4. Why did the prime minister so eagerly get involved with wanting to assist Razak Baginda but at the same time does not seem to want to eagerly show respect and compassion for the grieving father nor to give assurances that as prime minister he will personally look into the matter and ensure no stone is left unturned?
5. Now that the father of the dead soul Altantuya claims that he saw the photo of the prime minster with his daughter, what has the leader of Malaysia got to say? Or will he remain tight-lipped? We need to know because if it is sheer fabrication we the rakyat will do everything to save the reputation and integrity of our prime minister. If it is otherwise, we will also ensure that the prime minister resigns immediately because he did swear that he had nothing to do with her and did not know her (remember?).
6. The prime minister also needs to get to the bottom of the claim that our government did not reply nor respond to any of the communication from the Mongolian counterpart. If there have been officers and leaders who have been negligent on the job they must be removed by the PM to protect the international reputation and maintain foreign relations at its peak.
Lawyers, Bar Council and all professionals must take up cause - murder trial was a mockery
Having said all that 'Must-Do' list for the prime minister of Malaysia, let us Malaysians not forget that we must fight to save the dignity and pride of Malaysia. Therefore all lawyers, the Bar Council and all other honorable professionals must rise to make their position known on this Altantuya matter. This is no ordinary murder folks. Our nation's name, dignity and honor is at stake. In fact it is not paranoid to state that even our national security is being breached.
And so too all religious leaders must get their flock to stand up for justice, honor and demonstrate their patriotism for the nation's dignity and honor. They must demand for the answers to the above 'Must-Do' list for the prime minister. The prime mister must be held accountable and supportive of the rakyat;s determination to salvage and save the country's honor.
Malaysians must show they are an honorable and reasonable people
Hopefully, we will not forget this concern until the father of Altantuya re-appears next few years later. Let us show the world that Malaysians are accountable, reasonable, honourable and will not stop at no for an answer and do not have fear or favour in punishing the guilty.
Let us also show our Conference of Rulers and with thier Majesties' support that the rakyat will and ensure that Malaysia's reputation is not jeopordized by criminals. We will with the support and enthusiasm of our revered Rulers bring the culprit to book.
Resolving this Altantuya case is true national service. The prime minster must act. Hopefully the main stream media will have that same sense of moral and social responsibility and champion the rakyat's quest to save the country's damaged reputation and tattered dignity.
And the prime minister must not wait for another nationwide protest march before he ensures that prompt and spotless justice is dispensed.