Leonardo Di Caprio's frank admission exposes him to future lawsuits:
- Leonardo DiCaprio's foundation will return gifts from 1MDB
- being investigated on money-laundering allegations
- RM418mil prosecutors said finance DiCaprio's Wolf of Wall Street
- production company, Red Granite Pictures
- Hollywood Reporter : actor's foundation benefited US$2mil from 1MDB fund
- under pressure to step down following the 1MDB issue– Reuters
If the gifts are being returned because they were bought using money stolen from the Malaysian taxpayer, then what about the profits and royalties earned from the Wolf of Wall Street?
The DOJ lawsuit is against Red Granite Pictures and they seek to seize profits, royalties etc. from The Wolf of Wall Street.
DiCaprio has agreed to return gifts bought with stolen money. Fine. The same should apply to the hundred million US$ fees paid to DiCaprio plus royalties and profits that accrued to him?All that should be returned to Malaysia. They were all financed using stolen money.