`

THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
Image result for happy new year 2017

Monday, October 17, 2016

MUSA AMAN THE REAL TARGET BEHIND NAJIB-PRODDED SABAH WATERGATE? IF CM NOT INVOLVED, WHY HASN’T HE SUSPENDED THE TOP OFFICERS IN RM3.3BIL SCANDAL

KOTA KINABALU – Two Sabah senior government officers, being probed over their role in a RM3.3 billion graft case involving the Sabah Water Department, should be suspended from duty pending the outcome of investigations. Moyog assemblyman Terrence Siambun said this was necessary as it is the basic principle imposed on any organisation.
He was commenting on reports stating that the senior officer, released from remand yesterday, has been allowed to return to work today.
If this was true, Terrence said, it has “clearly breached the principle of good governance”. “It does not make sense why the senior figure was not suspended from duties when the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has yet to complete their investigation into the corruption scandal.
“Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman must explain to the people of Sabah and clear the air on why the basic practice in office conduct was not performed,” he said in a statement.
The suspect’s counsel P.J. Pereira had said that his client had not received any suspension order and would likely return to work as usual. However, it is learnt that the director was absent from work today, and that the letter of suspension had been issued to the senior officers. Sabah State Secretary Tan Sri Sukarti Wakiman is expected to release a press statement on the matter.
This morning, the senior figure and two others were released from remand before Magistrate Stephanie Sherron Abie. The suspect and his brother, a businessman with the title ‘Datuk’, were ordered to be released on a RM500,000 bail with two sureties each. The businessman’s accountant was released on a RM50,000 bail with two sureties. All suspects were also ordered to report to the MACC every month.
– NST

No comments:

Post a Comment