`




THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Teo: Subra must stop being 'evasive' on Najib's funding



MIC president Dr S Subramaniam and other BN parties that allegedly received political funding from Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's personal accounts should stop burying their heads in the sand.
This is according to DAP Kulai parliamentarian Teo Nie Chieng, who said in a statement today that Subramaniam's response to this matter did not provide clarity.
Whistleblower site Sarawak Report had claimed that MIC received about RM19 million from Najib's personal accounts between 2012 and 2014.
Teo pointed out that Subramaniam (photodid not deny that MIC received funding and he said that the money came from BN, and not directly from Najib’s personal accounts.
"His explanation does not bring any clarity, but creates more questions," she said.
"First of all, if the money came from BN, Subramaniam, as the president of one of the component parties of BN, must explain to the rakyat how BN raised the money to give to MCA and MIC.
"Secondly, if the money came from BN, how many signatories there were on the cheques? Subramaniam should produce a copy of the cheques to substantiate his claim.
"Thirdly, if the money belonged to BN, did BN submit its financial statements to ROS?" Teo asked.
Despite the latest exposure of fraud by the US Department of Justice (DOJ), she said, MIC and all BN component parties have been completely silent.
"DOJ alleges, with comprehensive records of emails, bank transfers and phone calls, that US$4.5 billion was misappropriated by high-level officials to finance their 'lavish lifestyles… at the expense and detriment of the Malaysian people'," she said.
"The nation is robbed. So why the deafening silence, if MIC and the rest of the BN component parties still care for the rakyat?" she added.
"Was the funding of RM19 million an exchange for MIC’s blind and unequivocal support for Najib? Have MIC and MCA sold their souls to the devil?" asked Teo, who is DAP assistant national publicity secretary.

"Subramaniam and all BN component parties should stop burying their heads in the sand. Tell the rakyat their stance on DOJ’s latest lawsuit. The rakyat need to know if they are people-first or Najib-first," she stressed.
Previously, Sarawak Report also claimed that Selangor MCA had received RM10 million, which could be linked to 1MDB.
DAP assemblyperson Lee Kee Hiong challenged MCA’s denial of this allegation, and she cited a 2015 interview in which former MCA president Dr Chua Soi Lek admitted that the party had received funds from the BN chairperson ahead of the last general election.
Chua has criticised the DAP for linking these two issues together.- Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment