`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!





Monday, November 30, 2020

Ismail Sabri denies claims health ministry allowing Top Glove’s quarantined workers on site

 

Workers pictured outside a Top Glove factory in Meru, Klang, last Thursday.

PETALING JAYA: Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob today dismissed suggestions that the health ministry is colluding with Top Glove, allowing the company to continue operating with workers who are under quarantine.

“Locals and foreigners under quarantine are not allowed to work until their second (Covid-19) test is negative and they are given home surveillance order (HSO) clearances,” he said during his daily press conference today.

“This answers a few issues that were raised by the general public who said that there is cooperation, supposedly, between the health ministry and Top Glove to allow those who have been tested to continue working as normal.

“That is not true. Those who are undergoing a 14-day quarantine are not allowed to work and they have to wear the quarantine wristband to show they are under quarantine.”

At a press conference last Wednesday, Ismail said Top Glove had already closed 27 of its 28 factories in Meru, Klang, to allow its workers to undergo screenings and mandatory quarantine to stem a spike in Covid-19 cases.

However, checks by local media last Thursday found dozens of workers leaving two of the company’s factories in Meru. Buses were also seen taking workers to and and from various factories and workers’ hostels in the area.

In response to the media reports, Top Glove said it was “in the process” of temporarily closing its factories in Meru, stopping short of confirming that the factories were indeed in operation.

Ismail also said that the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) at the Top Glove workers’ dormitories in Meru would be extended by 14 days until Dec 13.

The EMCO, which started on Nov 17 and was to end today, involves the male and female employees’ dormitories on Jalan Abadi 1A/KU8, Jalan Abadi 1A and Jalan Abadi 10A/KU8.

Ismail said that the health ministry had tested 5,805 of the factory workers thus far, with 3,406 testing positive.

“The risk assessment by the health ministry also found that the infection rate in the area is still high. New positive cases were detected among the workers when they were tested for the second time,” said Ismail.

“All the factory workers have to be tested by private clinics and monitored by the Klang district health office.” - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.