`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 

21 JUNE 2026

Monday, August 17, 2026

Ex-minister Xavier rejoins PKR; company CEO remanded over Tabung Haji probe

 


Politics

  • Former PKR vice-president Dr Xavier Jayakumar has confirmed his return to the party, days after PKR president Anwar Ibrahim called on party veterans who felt marginalised to return to the fold.

    ADS

    According to Free Malaysia Today, Xavier (above) responded “yes” when asked to confirm his return to PKR.

    On Saturday, Anwar apologised and appealed to party veterans in his keynote speech at PKR’s national congress.

    PKR national congress

    Xavier, as then Kuala Langat MP, quit PKR in 2021 when the party was in the opposition, to support then-prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin as an independent lawmaker.

    In 2022, the former natural resources and environmental sustainability minister joined Parti Bangsa Malaysia led by former PKR Women chief Zuraida Kamaruddin, but did not disclose why he had done so.KR congress: Humbled leaders, 'reform' carrots, and other highlights


Tabung Haji

  • MACC has remanded Alam Maritim Resources Bhd group managing director and CEO Azmi Ahmad for an investigation, although the company stressed this does not amount to a finding of wrongdoing.

    The offshore marine services provider said operations would continue as usual and further announcements would be made if there were material developments, FMT reported, quoting the company’s filing with Bursa Malaysia.

    Azmi, who has led the group since 2006, has longstanding business links with Tabung Haji through Alam Maritim, including a 2009 joint venture involving offshore marine support vessels.

    The Tabung Haji royal commission of inquiry report listed investments involving Alam Maritim and TH Marine among 14 troubled investments, with RM278 million subsequently impaired.

  • Road safety

  • ADS

    The government has set a target to reduce road accident fatalities by half, particularly involving motorcyclists, by 2030.

    The move, via the Cabinet Committee on Road Safety and Traffic Congestion, comes after 6,537 lives were lost in road crashes last year, equivalent to an average of 18 deaths a day.

    Taking to social media, Works Minister Alexander Nanta Linggi said 80.6 percent of accidents were attributed to human factors, while Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said that motorcyclists and pillion riders accounted for about 66 percent of total fatalities.

    Works Minister Alexander Nanta Linggi

    Zahid, who chaired the committee meeting today, noted that socioeconomic losses resulting from road fatalities last year were estimated at RM30 billion.

    He also said the multi-agency Road Safety Framework Programme will be implemented in stages by leveraging industry expertise on defensive driving, fatigue management, and monitoring driver behaviour to enhance the competency and professionalism of heavy vehicle drivers. - Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.