
Irene Sofiya Mohd Khairool Faisal, 16, or 'Fiya' to her friends and family, was found in the school hall with severe injuries believed to have been inflicted with a hard object.
Her grandmother, Jameyah Rabani, 65, said Fiya's friend found her in a pool of blood and called for her to enter the hall.
"I ran to her... it was heartbreaking. Fiya could no longer speak, but she raised her hand and turned to look at me.
"I hugged Fiya and helped her recite the syahadah," she said when met at her home in Kampung Parit Selamat, Yong Peng, today.
Jameyah said Fiya became unresponsive when she called her name several times.
She said before Fiya was found, two of her friends had gone to her house to ask whether she had returned home after they found her motorcycle inside the school compound.
"Yesterday, Fiya attended an extra class from 2pm to about 5pm.
"Her friends came to ask whether she had returned home. I told them she had not.
"I became worried and asked my daughter (Siti Nur Faeza Khyar, 45), and Fiya's friends to look for her around the school.
"We searched for some time but could not find her. Then one of her friends screamed and told me she had found Fiya covered in blood," she said.
Jameyah said she had invited Fiya to attend a wedding yesterday morning, but her granddaughter couldn't as she had an online extra class at 11am and another class at school at 2pm.
"I accept what has happened, but I am deeply saddened. We have lost her. My husband and I raised her from the age of nine after her mother died of cancer," she said.
Meanwhile, Fiya's grandfather, Khyar Abas, 69, said he never expected their conversation over breakfast that morning to be their last.
He said he and his aunt, who had come from Kluang, had waited for Fiya to go out for a meal, but she never returned from school.
"We lived together, just the three of us. She was never a source of worry and was a diligent student," he said. - NST

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.