
He said he did not want KLIA to become like Selayang, amid continued attempts by syndicates to smuggle contraband through the country's entry points.
"I don't want KLIA to become like Selayang. I don't want to let it reach the point where it becomes like Selayang.
"Our seizures of luggage at inspection areas are increasing and I have previously mentioned that we find almost daily occurrences of syndicates trying to smuggle drugs to Europe.
"In fact, today there has already been another attempt, as well as other contraband," he said at a press conference following a viral video showing a person allegedly resembling Shuhaily berating two men on Monday.
He added that MCBA had also detected a group attempting to smuggle gold.
"What is happening now is that crime syndicates are also smuggling out gold back to their own countries.
"This of course leads to losses for our country. As you know, you are required to declare gold that is worth US$10,000 (RM40,875) and above," he said.
Shuhaily said MCBA was established to strengthen security at Malaysia's entry points.
He also expressed appreciation to those who had openly supported him on social media, saying their support strengthened his resolve to continue efforts to improve security at the country's entry points.
"I really appreciate it, and that is the spirit I hold on to as I continue to strive to improve the infrastructure and security at the country's entry points," he said.
He said this was the initiative and motivation driving MCBA in carrying out its role.
"I think that is quite clear — our initiative and motivation here at MCBA," he said.
Shuhaily said the government had established MCBA for a reason and not merely to merge six agencies. - NST

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.