`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 


16 SEPTEMBER 2026

Friday, September 25, 2026

Defending champion Sivasangari advances to semi-finals

 The world No 5 had little difficulty defeating Hong Kong’s Ho Tze Lok 11-8, 11-7, 11-8.

S. Sivasangari
Awaiting S Sivasangari in the semi-finals at the Aichi-Nagoya 2026 Asian Games is another Hong Kong representative, Chan Sin Yuk. (Bernama pic)
NAGOYA:
Defending champion S Sivasangari easily qualified for the semi-finals of the women’s squash singles event at the Aichi-Nagoya 2026 Asian Games today.

In the quarter-final match held at the Nagoya Kinjo Futo Arena, the world No 5 had little difficulty defeating Hong Kong’s Ho Tze Lok 11-8, 11-7, 11-8.

Awaiting Sivasangari in the semi-finals is another Hong Kong representative, Chan Sin Yuk, who earlier eliminated another Malaysian, Aira Azman, 10-12, 11-9, 11-5, 11-9.

“I expected a much more competitive match compared to yesterday. But I don’t think I played my best, although I managed to find my way to win,” she said after the match.

In the mixed doubles event, C Ameeshenraj-Rachel Arnold advanced to the semi-finals after defeating South Korea’s Oh Seojin-Heo Mingyeong 11-8, 11-9.

They will play against Hong Kong’s Lai Cheuk Nam-Tse Yee Lam in the last four.

Another Malaysian pair, Syafiq Kamal-Aifa Azman, crashed out after losing 7-11, 5-11 to Hong Kong’s Lee Ka Yi-Tang Ming Hong. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.