Former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin says he is relieved after being acquitted of four charges linked to Bukhary Equity Sdn Bhd.

Speaking outside the Kuala Lumpur High Court, Muhyiddin said he had always maintained his innocence.
“I would like to thank God for this. I am relieved. As I have always said, I did not do anything wrong.
“I hope the other charges will be dropped too,” he said.
Earlier today, High Court judge Noor Ruwena Nurdin acquitted Muhyiddin of three money laundering charges and one abuse of power charge after deputy public prosecutor Ahmad Akram Gharib applied for a discharge not amounting to an acquittal (DNAA).
The three money laundering charges involved Muhyiddin’s receipt of RM200 million from Bukhary Equity, while the abuse of power charge concerned his alleged solicitation of the amount from the firm.
The prosecution is nearing the close of its case against Muhyiddin over three other abuse of power charges linked to the Jana Wibawa programme.
In that case, he is accused of abusing his position to solicit RM25.3 million in bribes from Nepturis Sdn Bhd, Mamfor Sdn Bhd, KCJ Engineering Sdn Bhd and its managing director, Azman Yusoff. - FMT

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.