`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 

21 JUNE 2026

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Azizulhasni wins gold in ‘last’ Commonwealth Games

 'Pocket Rocketman' says his prayers are finally answered.

Azizulhasni Awang
National track cycling ace Azizulhasni Awang won Malaysia’s seventh gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland, when he finished first in the men’s keirin event last night. (Bernama pic)
GLASGOW:
National track cycling ace Azizulhasni Awang’s prayers were answered in his final appearance at the Commonwealth Games when he captured the men’s keirin event gold medal here tonight.

The historic success at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome ended Azizulhasni’s long wait to become a Commonwealth Games champion after previously managing only two bronze medals.

He was denied a gold medal at the New Delhi 2010 games when his victory was overturned.

Fighting back tears, Azizulhasni, nicknamed “Pocket Rocketman”, said the gold was special because he plans to end his career on the Commonwealth Games stage after this edition concludes.

“I prayed so hard every day. I really wanted to end my career with a gold medal. Alhamdulillah, Allah granted my prayers,” he told Bernama.

“My last Commonwealth Games, winning gold … nothing more I can ask. I wanted to prove to myself and to the world that I can still win at 38 years old.”

Australian rider Leigh Hoffman took the silver medal, and English’s Harry Ledingham-Horn the bronze.

Another national rider, Shah Firdaus Sahrom, finished seventh.

Malaysia has now won seven gold medals at the Glasgow games. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.