
He said the clarification was necessary to ensure the public was not misled by interpretations of his remarks.
"I targeted the gambling tycoons. I did not target ustaz, religious leaders or the prime minister. I targeted the gambling tycoons.
"Have the courage to speak the truth.
They are harsh words, but they are true," he said, adding that people were commenting on the matter "day and night".
Sanusi, who was speaking at the Generasi Pewaris Sejahtera Negeri Kedah 2026 convention yesterday, urged the public to refer to information from the "original source" rather than interpretations by others.
Sanusi added that he would continue using his platform and authority as menteri besar to speak out and act.
"I have the authority to act, so I take action at my level. I have the space to speak, so I speak."
Sanusi's critics have accused him of wishing ill on the prime minister over the gambling issue, though he has said he was referring to those who sponsored court action to nullify the Kedah government's ban on lottery operations in the state. - NST

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.