The outgoing menteri besar, who had served in the state's top post since 2018, says that perhaps his ‘report card’ was not good enough.

The outgoing menteri besar, who had served in the state’s top post since 2018, suggested that perhaps his “report card” was not good enough.
“Maybe it wasn’t satisfactory. This is normal in politics.
“I accept whatever decision is made. I said from the start that I would leave it to my colleagues.
“Alhamdulillah, I was given eight years (as menteri besar). I tried to do my best. Now Malaysians have to think: do they want racial rhetoric or development?” he told a press conference at Klana Resort here today.
Aminuddin also said he had no regrets contesting the Linggi seat, which he lost to Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate Faizal Ramli. The other challenger for the seat was Bersatu’s Zamri Said.
Aminuddin’s defeat in Linggi, a traditional BN stronghold, came after he moved from Sikamat, the seat he had held for four terms since 2008.
Linggi has been in the hands of the Alliance (BN’s predecessor) and BN since 1959, except for one term in 1971 when it was won by DAP.
PH won a total of 11 seats, with unofficial results showing DAP securing nine and PKR two. This is six fewer seats than the coalition won in the 2023 state election.
The Barisan Nasional-Perikatan Nasional alliance won 25 seats, based on unofficial results, giving it a supermajority — one seat more than the 24 required. - FMT

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.