`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 




25 Ogos 2026

Monday, August 24, 2026

'I would not recognise you on the street': Indira's poignant plea to daughter Prasana

 


At the Palace of Justice, where the nation’s highest courts hear cases that shape people’s lives, a mother painted a deeply painful picture of what could happen if she crossed paths with her own daughter.

“If she does not greet me, I would not recognise her if I met her on the street… It is heartbreaking for a mother not to know her own child. It is unbearable,” said M Indira Gandhi.

The last time the mother of three laid eyes on her youngest child was when she was just an 11-month-old infant in 2009.

After exhausting every avenue, including ascending and descending the court steps countless times over the past 17 years, Indira hopes her plight will move her daughter, Prasana Diksa, to get in touch.

“I hope if she sees this, just come and see me… That is all I want.

“I hope she can contact me because that’s the only way. I’ve gone to the courts, I’ve gone to the police, and I still have not heard anything (about Prasana).

“My only hope is to go and plead to the public or for Prasana herself to contact me,” the 52-year-old kindergarten teacher told reporters, struggling to hold back tears.

Indira was present at the Palace of Justice in Putrajaya for the Court of Appeal’s decision in her RM100 million nonfeasance suit appeal, which was dismissed.

Indira has been embroiled in an uphill legal battle since her ex-husband, Riduan Abdullah, formerly known as K Pathmanathan, unilaterally converted their children to Islam and abducted their then 11-month-old daughter.

She obtained full custody of her children in 2010, resulting in her two elder children, Tevidarsiny and Karan Dinish, being returned to her.

Despite the custody order and subsequent court rulings, Prasana was never returned.

No contact from cops since Nov 22 march

After years of legal battles, Indira, together with the Indira Gandhi Action Team (Ingat) and several prominent activists, staged a march on Nov 22 last year to protest the authorities’ failure to locate and return her daughter.

Describing the march as her final appeal to the nation’s conscience, Indira had hoped to end it by meeting Inspector-General of Police Khalid Ismail.

Inspector-General of Police Khalid Ismail

However, the meeting only took place 18 days after the march. Ingat chairperson Arun Dorasamy later described it as a disappointing affair, claiming that Khalid appeared oblivious to the gravity of their plight.

Speaking to reporters today, Arun claimed that there has been no communication with the police since that meeting.

“After the meeting, I was informed that the criminal investigation division’s deputy will contact me to get all the intelligence we gathered through our private investigators. But there’s been no contact…,” he added. - Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.