The mother of a 14-year-old student who died recently alleged that her daughter was bullied and is seeking justice for her death.
The woman, only known as Kasturi, said she did not want any other child to go through what her daughter had experienced. She based her bullying allegation on conversations she had with her daughter.
“As a mother, I know she was bullied (based on the conversations we had). She faced pressure from the bullying.
“That is all I know. Now my daughter is gone," Astro Awani reported her saying.
The final words exchanged between her daughter and her a few days before the former's death have also been haunting Kasturi's memory.
One of them was about how her daughter had wanted to give her a birthday present.
"Her sister (the victim's sister) came and gave me a present. When I opened it, I joked; your sister has already given me a present; aren't you going to give me one? Then she smiled and told me it was on the way.
"So, I thought she had ordered something, like how people usually order things through TikTok. I thought the item was still on its way.
"Days later, I asked again; where's the present? Because before that, she had told me that she had ordered something and asked me to make the payment. When I asked when the item would arrive, she checked and said it was still at the airport and had not arrived.
"So, I thought the present would arrive later. I thought perhaps the present would be worth waiting for. But I never imagined that the present she meant was actually..." Kasturi was quoted as saying.
Kasturi also said that her daughter had also aspired to become an actress.
Ministry, cops on the case
On Aug 20, Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek ordered an internal investigation into the student’s death to be completed immediately.
"All matters of public concern, including those related to bullying and racism, must be taken seriously and addressed immediately based on facts and due process," she said on Facebook.

On Saturday, Kuala Lumpur police chief Fadil Marsus said investigations were ongoing under Section 507B of the Penal Code, which is linked to bullying.
In a statement, he said that 92 witness statements had already been recorded.

Fadil added that the incident occurred on Aug 18 at 1.59am, when police received a call from Kasturi, who told them that her daughter was found unresponsive at their home in Jalan Langkawi.
An ambulance brought her to Kuala Lumpur Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 2.25am.
Suicide is a complex phenomenon with multiple contributing factors, but it is preventable, and recovery is possible. If you or someone you know is struggling, you are not alone - please reach out for support:
Talian Kasih Hotline: 15999 (Call) / +6019 26 15999 (WhatsApp)
Health Ministry’s Talian Heal: 15555 (8am - 12am daily)
The Befrienders Hotline: 03-76272929
Agape Counselling Centre Malaysia Hotline: 03-77855955 or 03-77810800
Life Line Association Malaysia Hotline: 03-42657995
- Mkini

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.