An MACC source says the anti-graft agency obtained a number of documents related to the agreement from the economy ministry last week.

An MACC source said the probe was opened following several complaints lodged by NGOs regarding the agreement, which was alleged to have been concluded “hastily” and in a manner which did not favour the government.
The source said that based on preliminary information, the agreement was allegedly not approved by the finance ministry and the investment, trade and industry ministry.
When contacted, MACC deputy chief commissioner (operations) Ahmad Khusairi Yahaya confirmed the investigation but declined to comment further.
According to a source, the MACC had obtained a number of documents related to the agreement from the economy ministry on Feb 13.
The source added that key government officials will be called in to provide statements about the agreement. - FMT


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.