The Defence Ministry is in discussions with the Finance Ministry regarding the status of previously frozen procurement funds for the armed forces.
Defence Minister Khaled Nordin (above, centre) said the discussions are aimed at ensuring that critical matters receive immediate attention so that armed forces’ operations and readiness are not affected.
“So, we (Defence Ministry) are currently engaging with the Finance Ministry on this issue.
“Nevertheless, I give my assurance that operations are running smoothly and effectively, and that the readiness of the armed forces continues to be maintained,” he stated.
Khaled said this to reporters after the launch of the Rapid Rail Squadron 50 of the Railway Specialist Regiment, Royal Engineer Regiment of the Territorial Army at Menara Prasarana today.

Also present were Chief of Defence Force Malek Razak Sulaiman, Army chief Azhan Md Othman, Air Force chief Norazlan Aris, and Prasarana Malaysia Berhad Group president and chief executive officer Amir Hamdan.
PM’s directive
On Jan 16, Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim directed that all armed forces and police procurement decisions linked to corruption issues be temporarily frozen until procurement processes are fully complied with.
The freeze followed controversies involving corruption and abuse of power allegations implicating several former top military leaders.
In this regard, Khaled said the ministry would also examine the details of the implementation in line with the prevailing governance framework, financial regulations and legal provisions.
- Bernama


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.