`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



Saturday, May 23, 2026

Mother claims son bullied 3 times in a year, suffers trauma, injuries

 

JITRA: "My son was not bullied just once, but three times within a year, causing him serious injuries and trauma from going to school," said a mother who only wanted to be known as Fatin.

Fatin, 35, said her 9-year-old son was allegedly bullied in three separate incidents at a primary school in the district.

She claimed the incidents, involving three different pupils, occurred on May 17 last year, as well as on March 26 and May 17 this year, leaving her son with a fractured arm and bruises on his cheek and eye.

-Advertisement-

She said the first incident happened on May 17 last year when her son complained that he had been pushed and fell while at school.

"At first, we thought it was just a minor injury, but after a medical examination at a private hospital, my son was confirmed to have suffered a fracture to his right arm.

"My husband had to bear treatment costs amounting to nearly RM5,000," she said when met here yesterday.

Fatin said the second incident occurred before Aidilfitri this year when her son was allegedly slapped by another pupil, leaving bruises on his cheek and eye.

"The pupil who slapped my son admitted to slapping him twice on different days. Initially, the injuries did not appear serious and only looked like small wounds.

"However, after the week-long Hari Raya break, the bruises on his cheek and eye became more visible, causing my son emotional distress and making him uncomfortable facing people during Aidilfitri celebrations," she said.

Fatin said she was saddened when many guests visiting during Hari Raya asked about her son's condition and questioned the action taken over the incidents.

She said they had previously left the matter to the school to resolve.

Fatin said the latest incident took place on May 17 when another pupil allegedly stabbed her son below the eye with a pencil.

"After the incident, my husband and I were called to attend a mediation session at the school on May 18.

"However, we were disappointed because my son was also blamed even though he did not fight back or retaliate," she said.

The housewife said the repeated incidents had left her son traumatised and fearful of returning to the school.

She added that she had also lost confidence in the school's safety measures after three serious incidents occurred within a year.

"I feel disappointed because the school failed to guarantee my son's safety.

"If my son could become a victim three times, what about the safety of the more than 1,000 pupils at the school?" she said.

Unable to endure the situation any longer, Fatin and her husband lodged a police report at the Kubang Pasu district police headquarters before deciding to transfer their son to another school.

Meanwhile, Kubang Pasu district police chief, Superintendent Mohd Radzi Abdul Rahim, when contacted, confirmed receiving a report regarding the incidents. - NST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.