`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Pipe burst in Butterworth disrupts water supply in Penang

 


BUTTERWORTH: A 135cm pipeline burst on Jalan Raja Uda here led to unscheduled water supply disruptions in the north Seberang Perai district and in several areas in Penang.

Penang Water Supply Corporation said repair works on the damaged pipeline, reportedly caused by a third-party contractor, began at 1am on Tuesday (May 19).

It said that all related valves have been shut off to enable repair works to proceed safely and quickly.

The corporation said that consumers in north Seberang Perai, except those in Penaga, Bertam, Tasek Gelugor and Pinang Tunggal, may face low water pressure or supply disruptions within the next 24 hours.

It added that several areas in the Southwest district on the island may also be affected.

The corporation said an additional emergency line, 04-5096509, had been activated from 9am, alongside its hotline and WhatsApp service at 04-255 8255.

On Sunday (May 17), a similar incident occurred following a suspected burst involving the same 135cm main pipeline in Jalan Raja Uda.

The incident was also reportedly linked to a third-party contractor. It caused temporary water supply interruptions in north Seberang Perai and affected end-of-line and high-ground areas in the Southwest District.

Consumers are advised to store enough water for one day’s use. - Star

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.