The family of Pamela Ling wants to know if the police are still investigating her abduction on April 9 last year.
Their lawyer, Sangeet Kaur Deo, said the last time the police gave an update on the case was in the middle of last year.
Calling it unfortunate, Sangeet wondered “if investigations were still ongoing as claimed in the past."
"I would like to know what has been investigated since the last public update," she told Malaysiakini.
Ling’s brother Simon said he also last heard about the status of the probe last year.
He added that police would only reach out to their lawyer to provide developments into the case if any.

When contacted, Kuala Lumpur police chief Fadil Marsus said that the police investigation into the case has “never stopped", however, there has been no new development thus far.
Taken while en route to MACC
Ten months ago, Ling was on her way to meet MACC investigators when she was abducted before she could reach her destination.
Her Grab driver that day claimed that individuals wearing police uniforms stopped his vehicle, forced Ling to exit and allegedly forced him to mark the ride as "completed".
On May 8, 2025 then Kuala Lumpur police chief Rusdi Isa said investigators had obtained CCTV recordings from the scene, which showed at least eight individuals involved, including two wearing police vests.
He said the suspects were believed to be impersonating police officers. Investigators also produced a photofit of one suspect, but Rusdi admitted it was of poor quality.
Police arrested Ling’s husband several days later, on May 15, to assist in investigations. However, he was released the next day after police failed to secure a remand order.
In July, police said they were having difficulty identifying the suspects because the vehicle used to abduct Ling had a false plate and chassis number. - FMT


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.