`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 




25 Ogos 2026

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Take my future seriously or I’ll walk away, Azizulhasni tells ministry

 Azizulhasni Awang says he may skip the Asian Games and World Championships if Putrajaya fails to show a serious commitment to his Olympic ambitions.

Malaysia’s track cycling legend Azizulhasni Awang, who won the gold medal in the Commonwealth Games keirin event in Glasgow, said he had yet to receive a firm commitment from the youth and sports ministry or National Sports Council.
PETALING JAYA:
Malaysia’s track cycling legend Azizulhasni Awang has threatened to call time on his international career if the government fails to decide whether it wants him to continue competing for Malaysia.

The 38-year-old cycling star, who won the gold medal in the Commonwealth Games keirin event in Glasgow, said he was still willing to take part in the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics but had yet to receive a firm commitment from the youth and sports ministry or National Sports Council (MSN).

“I have not heard anything concrete from the youth and sports ministry or MSN about whether they want me to continue through to LA 2028 or whether they still require my services. All they have said publicly is that they are prepared to support me if I decide to continue.

“As I have mentioned many times since returning from Glasgow, this is no longer simply about whether I want to continue to LA 2028. The real question is whether Malaysia genuinely needs and wants me to continue,” he was quoted as saying by The Star.

Last week, youth and sports minister Dr Taufiq Johari said the government would decide on Azizulhasni’s future after the Aichi-Nagoya Asian Games.

Taufiq said the authorities were looking at the operational requirements involved in supporting Azizulhasni, not just financial considerations.

He also said discussions between both sides were constructive and positive.

However, Azizulhasni said he is prepared to retire following Malaysia’s achievements in Glasgow if the ministry is not serious about keeping him in the national setup.

“My position is simple, after what we achieved in Glasgow, I am ready to hang up my bike for good.

“But if they continue playing around and are not prepared to treat this situation seriously despite it being a matter of national importance, then I believe it may be best for me to forget about the Asian Games, the World Championships and LA 2028 altogether.”

The World Championships, which will be held two weeks after the Asian Games, will mark the start of the Olympic qualifying campaign. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.