`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 




25 Ogos 2026

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Indian leaders question Rafizi, Charles' timing; M'sia-Brunei border 50pct done

 


Politics

  • Two Indian community leaders today questioned the timing of Bersama co-leader Rafizi Ramli and former Klang MP Charles Santiago championing Indian issues.

    ADS

    In a statement, Selangor Wilayah Indian Business Association president Steven Theventharan and Dewi Sri Maha Mariamman Bandar Springhill Association president Ravi Murugan said the duo had not shown the same urgency in proposing solutions for the community when they were in positions of influence.

    “Our question is simple: why only now? Charles was an MP for three terms from 2008 and later served as chairperson of the National Water Services Commission. The problems facing the Indian community did not begin in 2026.

    “If these issues are so urgent today, where was this same urgency over the many years when he held public office and had the platform to advocate these issues?” Steven said.

    Former Klang MP Charles Santiago

    He added that the same question applied to Rafizi, who previously served as economy minister.

    Ravi, meanwhile, cautioned politicians against creating confusion and raising expectations among Indians whenever political circumstances change.

M’sia-Brunei ties

  • The long-delayed Malaysia-Brunei border issue was discussed at the 27th Annual Leaders’ Consultation between the two countries today.

    According to Bernama, Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim said about 50 percent of the border demarcation process had been completed.

    “Representatives of both countries will hold meetings so that we can resolve this issue. In our efforts to demarcate the border, we will not compromise the territorial rights of either Brunei or Malaysia.

    “We need to look after each other’s interests so that these border demarcation efforts benefit both countries,” he said at a press conference at the end of his two-day working visit to Brunei.

    Anwar said the consultation was the best platform to resolve outstanding issues and strengthen ties between Malaysia and Brunei.

  • ADS

    Malaysia and Brunei have agreed to use the Asean mechanism to address transboundary haze, which has returned to affect several areas in the region.

    Bernama reported that Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim said the matter was among those discussed with Brunei sultan Hassanal Bolkiah during the 27th Annual Leaders’ Consultations in Bandar Seri Begawan.

    “We both agreed to use the Asean mechanism as the best option.

    “We have asked Foreign Minister Mohamad Hasan to manage this issue,” Anwar said at a press conference at the end of his two-day working visit to Brunei.

    Earlier, Anwar and the Malaysian delegation arrived at Istana Nurul Iman at about 11am for the consultation, where he was conferred the Darjah Kerabat Laila Utama Yang Amat Dihormati, which carries the title Dato Laila Utama.


PN-BN ties

  • Gerakan president Dominic Lau has called for a “win-win” formula between Perikatan Nasional and BN to ensure long-term cooperation.

    “To achieve a win-win situation, it will certainly require time, trust, and honest and sincere discussions among the leadership.

    “This is for the long-term good,” he was quoted as saying by online portal Malaysia Gazette after chairing a Gerakan central committee meeting in Kuala Lumpur today.

    Gerakan president Dominic Lau

    On BN’s intention to defend the 21 Malacca seats it currently holds, Lau said parties had the right to retain seats they previously contested, particularly those held by incumbents, but noted that negotiations remained open.


READ MORE: Malacca polls: PN willing to forgo bigger gains for BN pact


Budi diesel subsidy

  • The government is urging some 71,000 eligible vehicle owners in Sabah to apply immediately for the additional 100-litre Budi diesel quota.

    Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Sabah and Sarawak) Mustapha Sakmud said the additional quota should first be fully utilised so the government can assess the actual need before considering any further increase.

    Of about 120,000 eligible vehicle owners, only around 49,000 have submitted applications so far, he said.

    “So, we hope that all those who have yet to do so will register the listed vehicles so that they can use the 100 litres, and only then can we see how much quota we actually need,” he was quoted as saying by Bernama during a community programme in Darau, Sepanggar, today.

    Mustapha added that the Finance Ministry is also considering requests from traders and companies to increase the diesel quota for certain vehicle categories. - Mkini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.