`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 




25 Ogos 2026

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Negeri Sembilan FC demand walkover after KL City match called off

 The club says it had completed preparations for the Malaysian Super League clash and expected about 5,000 supporters to be present.

The Malaysian Football League said today’s match between Negeri Sembilan FC and KL City had been postponed because almost half of the City squad had suffered from flu.
PETALING JAYA:
Negeri Sembilan FC have demanded a walkover after their Malaysian Super League match against Kuala Lumpur City FC was called off at the last minute.

NSFC said they were disappointed that the match, initially scheduled for 5pm at Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi, could not go ahead as planned.

“As the home team, all preparations for hosting the match in terms of logistics, facilities, medical teams and security had been fully prepared,” NSFC said in a statement.

“This had a significant impact as all those preparations had incurred high management costs for the club.”

They said the cancellation had also disappointed thousands of fans who had made plans to attend the match.

“Based on the club’s records and feedback, this involves an estimated 5,000 supporters who had already bought tickets in advance, as well as those who planned to buy tickets at the stadium today,” they said.

NSFC said they would provide updates on ticket refunds and the status of tickets through their official channels.

“Given that this matter is beyond our control and did not originate from us, NSFC firmly demand that a walkover be awarded to Negeri Sembilan FC,” the club said.

Despite the cancellation, NSFC said their squad would still be at the stadium this evening for an open training session, and would allow and encourage fans to be present to watch the training.

In a statement earlier, the Malaysian Football League (MFL) said the match was called off after KL City submitted medical reports stating that almost half of their players had been affected by influenza.

MFL said they were told that all the affected players and officials would be referred to the Petaling district health office for further treatment as the illness was contagious and the players and officials required time for recovery.

“After assessing the application and circumstances faced by KL City, MFL decided that the match could not be played to prioritise the health and welfare of the players and team officials.

“Nevertheless, MFL would bring the matter before the board of directors, which would decide the status of the match in the near future,” the statement added. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.